Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    PZMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I hope the meeting went well this morning!

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by PZMommy View Post
    I hope the meeting went well this morning!
    While not as violent as Thunderdome, we did have a little "two (folks) enter; one (person) leaves" - DD was able to see how her Case Manager and the Vice Principal care for her well-being, and we have a plan to get her caught up with her missed work starting today, so *fingers crossed* we'll continue to see re-adjusting and support for the remainder of the year.
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

doberbrat is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Hoping that she is able to get caught up without too much stress. Its so hard to add time time before/after school for remediation.
    dd1 10/05
    dd2 11/09
    and ... a mini poodle!

Quote Originally Posted by doberbrat View Post
    Hoping that she is able to get caught up without too much stress. Its so hard to add time time before/after school for remediation.
    She has an academic support schedule and had time with her case manager this afternoon (2/22) to do homework & evaluate her day/decompress. Tomorrow, she has time scheduled with her ELA teacher after school, in addition to a rotation for her academic support periods that I'll print out.

Technically, she's supposed to have 2 days to make up work for every 1 day she missed, but how that ends up playing out we have yet to see.
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

COUNCIL EXTENDED COOKIE SEASON FOR THE 4TH YEAR RUNNING!

We are, of course, under no obligation to continue selling through the new end-date, and the troops who did literally everything right but are still trying to unload 100 cases (CASES!) of cookies, or an excessive number of less desirable flavors (Toast Yay and Adventureful) because they followed the percentage guidelines or based their order on 2022 or whatever hurt them are getting SLAMMED something fierce.

Overall sales numbers are down especially with a pricing increase (we went from $5/box to $5.50/box), a much-hyped online-only cookie (Raspberry Rally), and an increase in shipping costs, so most troops are miserable. We did really well ourselves - we'll still end up losing money, but at least we're not sitting on 10 cases of Toast Yay!

My troop is OK, as we've got maybe 70-something boxes left and a booth on Saturday, but extending the sale again hurts. Why didn't they just plan for a longer sale to begin with?
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by lizzywednesday View Post
    COUNCIL EXTENDED COOKIE SEASON FOR THE 4TH YEAR RUNNING!

We are, of course, under no obligation to continue selling through the new end-date, and the troops who did literally everything right but are still trying to unload 100 cases (CASES!) of cookies, or an excessive number of less desirable flavors (Toast Yay and Adventureful) because they followed the percentage guidelines or based their order on 2022 or whatever hurt them are getting SLAMMED something fierce.

Overall sales numbers are down especially with a pricing increase (we went from $5/box to $5.50/box), a much-hyped online-only cookie (Raspberry Rally), and an increase in shipping costs, so most troops are miserable. We did really well ourselves - we'll still end up losing money, but at least we're not sitting on 10 cases of Toast Yay!

My troop is OK, as we've got maybe 70-something boxes left and a booth on Saturday, but extending the sale again hurts. Why didn't they just plan for a longer sale to begin with?
    Yikes! Will the online orders go against physical inventory or just count as extra sales? Feel free to send a link via PM. I’ll pick up a few boxes during free ship!

Gracemom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I was a girl scout leader for six years and I thought they were horribly disorganized from the top down. Pm me the link for online sales. We use the other bakery and I'd like to try Toast Yay etc.

Quote Originally Posted by jgenie View Post
    Yikes! Will the online orders go against physical inventory or just count as extra sales? Feel free to send a link via PM. I’ll pick up a few boxes during free ship!
    GSCSNJ (my council) doesn't do a free shipping promo; we do reduce the cost of shipping if folks order 9-12 boxes - lesser quantities ship at $14.99 while 9-12 boxes ship for $7.50

Orders for DirectShip are fulfilled directly by the bakery (ABC Bakers) so it has no impact on our troop's remaining inventory, but the actively-selling girls' accounts will continue to be credited with sales through March 26th.

I have 5 girls total registered in my troop; of those 5, only 3 are active sellers. They have sold 607 boxes of cookies this year, so I'm not complaining because our per-girl average (the metric which determines our cut of the profits per box) is hovering at around 202, AND the other two girls have convinced DD to opt out of tchotchkes, so we'll earn at least $0.96/box.

Quote Originally Posted by Gracemom View Post
    I was a girl scout leader for six years and I thought they were horribly disorganized from the top down. Pm me the link for online sales. We use the other bakery and I'd like to try Toast Yay etc.
    Thank you; my friend in GA, whose DD sells LBB, ordered a case of Toast Yays at the beginning of the sale - she found she enjoyed them with tea last year.
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

Quote Originally Posted by jgenie View Post
    I tried to send the troop's link in PM, but it said your inbox was full.
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by lizzywednesday View Post
    I tried to send the troop's link in PM, but it said your inbox was full.
    Just cleared space - thanks!

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast