Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default I've Got Whine; Who's Got Cheese? - 2023 Whine-and-Cheese Thread

It's about that time again - bring out the cheese, 'cause I got me a whine!

After making it almost 3 years in a pandemic not catching SARS-CoV-2, DH and I tested positive this morning. We have been among a dwindling group of people who've continued to mask up in most indoor situations, from grocery shopping to Girl Scout troop meetings, and while DH's slightly obsessive surface-sanitizing is a thing of the past, his hocking loogies into every sink in the house is not. (Guess which one I think is worse. HINT ... it's the loogies.)

Like, so positive the lines showed up within the first minute. We are assuming that DD also has it because she's acting sick & has a dry cough.

Anyway ... true to form, I feel like I'm experiencing bad allergies - my eyes & nose are itchy; I feel like I have to sneeze; I'm congested; and my throat is scratchy from post-nasal drip - but felt my worst on Wednesday, when I also had chills & joint pain, as well as a massive headache.

DD has a slight temp (not a fever, just an elevated body temp, which is actually within the range of "normal" for her!), nasal congestion, and that dry cough.

DH, well, DH has the full boat of symptoms - loss of smell/taste; fatigue; loss of appetite; cough; congestion; and probably a mild fever - so, apparently, the world is coming to an end. (He's such a baby when he's sick because he's whiny one minute and a total grump the next. It's the literal worst, so I've started really ignoring him when he's down, which is probably the wrong thing to do, but when I'm sick, it feels like I'm expected to power through everything and ... that's just not fair.)

Honestly, I'm not really b!tching about DH; I'm b!tching about the situation - it's one thing for one of us to be sick, but all 3 of us is really sucky.
    Last edited by lizzywednesday; 01-14-2023 at 12:01 AM.
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

mom2binsd is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

At least you're all in it together and hope you feel better soon. If you can, bundle up and go outside and go for a walk, by yourself. Also, good plan to just ignore him!

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

hillview is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

ugg yuck so sorry!
    DS #1 Summer 05
    DS #2 Summer 07

Quote Originally Posted by mom2binsd View Post
    ... If you can, bundle up and go outside and go for a walk, by yourself. ...
    Honestly, it's not that cold here (mid-40s and it'll be clear tomorrow) so I can throw on a fleece & take a walk.

And I can get my cookie booth change from the bank drive-thru.

Thank goodness for my GS council still providing leaders with Zoom licenses, because I had an in-person mentoring session with two of my Girl Scouts scheduled for tomorrow that we were able to shift online instead. (This is a relief; the girls need to complete what's effectively a 50 hour project before September 30th, while balancing their work with very full schedules, so we have to have a timeline ASAP.)

Sunday, I have supplies to drop at a cookie booth (that my co-leader & another troop volunteer will run point on) but I am pretty sure that I can do that in a reduced-contact way to keep them protected ... it's close-ish to the end of my isolation period (1/17 is "OK to go out but use a mask" day) and I will mask up to reduce transmission. (We have a stash of KN95 masks that fit me well, so I've upgraded from the bought-in-a-panic fabric ones.)
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Covid finally hit me too. Which of the dang people in the Orlando airport was sick and not masking up? So selfish of them. It ruined my first 2 weeks back at my high school job. boo.

jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by WatchingThemGrow View Post
    Covid finally hit me too. Which of the dang people in the Orlando airport was sick and not masking up? So selfish of them. It ruined my first 2 weeks back at my high school job. boo.
    I would imagine there are numerous people who are sick and unmasked in airports all over. Sorry you got sick.

Quote Originally Posted by WatchingThemGrow View Post
    Ugh; that's the worst and I'm so sorry you got hit, too.

Our family has been (mostly) masking up indoors so we figure that's why we were fortunate enough to not get hit. DD hadn't been masking at school because, starting in September, she got glasses & they fog up with a mask if it's not placed EXACTLY RIGHT. *sigh*
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

I have reached the "it feels like a sinus headache" phase of my illness, while DD was sent home from school early.

Her cough was too concerning. That's fine; I brought her home, had her email her case manager about a meeting they were supposed to have today, sent her to bed, filled her new drinks bottle with the iced tea she likes, and got her some Mucinex.

I'm gonna hit the shower in a few & go back to bed.
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

ArizonaGirl is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by lizzywednesday View Post
    Ugh; that's the worst and I'm so sorry you got hit, too.

Our family has been (mostly) masking up indoors so we figure that's why we were fortunate enough to not get hit. DD hadn't been masking at school because, starting in September, she got glasses & they fog up with a mask if it's not placed EXACTLY RIGHT. *sigh*
    This is exactly why my DS stopped wearing his and then DD decided that it was ok to stop wearing hers. Now everyone has been sick for months. Le sigh
    Lindsey

Married to DH June 2005 gave birth to Shawn December 2008 and Lilian August 2012

Quote Originally Posted by ArizonaGirl View Post
    This is exactly why my DS stopped wearing his and then DD decided that it was ok to stop wearing hers. Now everyone has been sick for months. Le sigh
    I also wear glasses & found KN95/"bird's beak" style masks fog less than my pleated fabric style because the top fits closer to my nose. DD has bird's beak style masks (bought her these from Amazon; they have a filter pocket) but she hasn't been adjusting them.

I really hoped she would start masking as soon as it got cold again, especially with RSV and flu also circulating, but she's refused to allow me to adjust her masks and has poked herself in the eye with the nose wire in the KN95s I favor, so we kind of gave up.
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast