Quote Originally Posted by lizzywednesday View Post
Today's twitchiness brought to you by 7th grade girls, an ongoing interpersonal conflict, identical schedules, a fight in PE, a full-body tantrum, and suicidal ideation ... all meaning that, due to a well-intentioned state policy, DD is home from school AGAIN because she needs to be cleared by a mental health professional after she expressed a struggle with suicidal ideation & a plan to actually unalive herself to a teacher, her case manager, and the school behaviorist.

We met with her therapist (virtually) on Friday after school (as usual - she has a standing appointment) and came to the conclusion that the plan to unalive herself was, while new to me, not an imminent threat to herself or others' safety. (It doesn't help that she smacked the kid she's been struggling all year to avoid during PE, which led to the whole blowup and I just cannot deal right now.)

BUT ... we have to have that assessment in writing as a clearance to return to class, otherwise, she has to stay home.

Two messages for her therapist later, we're still in a holding pattern.
I’m sorry you are going through all of that. Our middle school didn’t seem to care when my DS was going through some mental health issues, including threats of suicide and online bullying.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk