Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    ArizonaGirl is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by lizzywednesday View Post
    I also wear glasses & found KN95/"bird's beak" style masks fog less than my pleated fabric style because the top fits closer to my nose. DD has bird's beak style masks (bought her these from Amazon; they have a filter pocket) but she hasn't been adjusting them.

I really hoped she would start masking as soon as it got cold again, especially with RSV and flu also circulating, but she's refused to allow me to adjust her masks and has poked herself in the eye with the nose wire in the KN95s I favor, so we kind of gave up.
    I wear glasses as well and can manage with most any kind of mask although some are definitely better than others.

He has other sensory stuff going on, so this doesn't surprise me (he would only wear one kind of mask anyways).

Maddening nonetheless.
    Lindsey

Married to DH June 2005 gave birth to Shawn December 2008 and Lilian August 2012

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Hope you are doing well OP. Fwiw my quadrupole vaccinated Dad came down with Covid last Thursday night (immediately positive) and tested negative on Tuesday. So it sounds like a quick recovery compared to other prior variants and a negative test. He had problems sleeping, congestion and a fever for a day or two.

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieW625 View Post
    Hope you are doing well OP. ...
    I'm fine, if a little cranky, & I feel like I have a sinus infection, but I'm not coughing as much as DD or DH. I'm managing my symptoms with TheraFlu (stuff tastes awful, but it's effective) during the day and NyQuil at night.

DD's cardiologist cleared us using OTC meds to help with symptom relief/management, so that's been a great step forward - before, we were limiting her to lots of fluids, Mucinex, and saline nasal spray. Having her take CVS-brand DayQuil/NyQuil pills, plus pushing water in her HydroFlask, has been helping.
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

GS Cookie Season rant incoming, with lots of "That Family(TM)" complaints:

For background, in our council (and I'm assuming most councils in the US), girls have to have a product sale permission slip on file with the troop leader/council before they sell Fall Product (candy & magazines) or cookies. In 2023, the product sale permission form is (1) for both sales and (2) online only. Families have had since September 2022 to submit the form, and all my Girl Scouts are returning Scouts, so this is not new information for them.

I don't care if a girl/family intends selling anything in either sale, but I do require the product sale permission form juuust in case they change their minds or want to work a cookie booth.

That Family(TM) signed their girls up to work a (now-canceled) cookie booth at our local Walmart. I emailed their parent, and the girls themselves (all GS in my troop have a specifically-designated GS email address, most are parent-monitored bc they're under 13, because they'll need to have something that can send/receive emails to outside people so using their school accounts is a poor practice), reminding them about the product sale permission form AND giving them a deadline to complete the form by 9am the following day or the girls would be removed from the booth.

9am rolled around; around 10am, I checked my email for the girls' permission forms ... nothing. Removed the kids from the booth. (Ended up canceling the booth bc I didn't have volunteers - I require my booths, especially in high-traffic locations, to have 2 registered adults so there's no confusion about who's allowed to handle money.)

Sent a reminder email to girls & their adults that the troop has 3 booths left. Added a reminder that, to sell cookies whether independently or at a troop booth, girls have to have the 2023 combined product sale permission form on file, plus "if you've received an independent reminder about the permission form" your family is no longer in good standing for the 2023 sale AND your kids will be removed from future booths.

That Family(TM) again signs their kids up for a booth slot; I deleted them from the slot & sent an email through Signup Genius with the copy-paste of the 2 paragraphs in the reminder email, plus a reminder that they were asked on X date to submit the girls' permission forms ... and they didn't, so they're no longer in good standing for the cookie program.

Have yet to hear from them, but I'm bracing myself for an upset rant on Wednesday after our troop meeting.
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

NCGrandma is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by lizzywednesday View Post
    GS Cookie Season rant incoming, with lots of "That Family(TM)" complaints:

For background, in our council (and I'm assuming most councils in the US), girls have to have a product sale permission slip on file with the troop leader/council before they sell Fall Product (candy & magazines) or cookies. In 2023, the product sale permission form is (1) for both sales and (2) online only. Families have had since September 2022 to submit the form, and all my Girl Scouts are returning Scouts, so this is not new information for them.

I don't care if a girl/family intends selling anything in either sale, but I do require the product sale permission form juuust in case they change their minds or want to work a cookie booth.

That Family(TM) signed their girls up to work a (now-canceled) cookie booth at our local Walmart. I emailed their parent, and the girls themselves (all GS in my troop have a specifically-designated GS email address, most are parent-monitored bc they're under 13, because they'll need to have something that can send/receive emails to outside people so using their school accounts is a poor practice), reminding them about the product sale permission form AND giving them a deadline to complete the form by 9am the following day or the girls would be removed from the booth.

9am rolled around; around 10am, I checked my email for the girls' permission forms ... nothing. Removed the kids from the booth. (Ended up canceling the booth bc I didn't have volunteers - I require my booths, especially in high-traffic locations, to have 2 registered adults so there's no confusion about who's allowed to handle money.)

Sent a reminder email to girls & their adults that the troop has 3 booths left. Added a reminder that, to sell cookies whether independently or at a troop booth, girls have to have the 2023 combined product sale permission form on file, plus "if you've received an independent reminder about the permission form" your family is no longer in good standing for the 2023 sale AND your kids will be removed from future booths.

That Family(TM) again signs their kids up for a booth slot; I deleted them from the slot & sent an email through Signup Genius with the copy-paste of the 2 paragraphs in the reminder email, plus a reminder that they were asked on X date to submit the girls' permission forms ... and they didn't, so they're no longer in good standing for the cookie program.

Have yet to hear from them, but I'm bracing myself for an upset rant on Wednesday after our troop meeting.
    At least That.Family demonstrates consistency! Of course, in all the wrong things…

Sent from my iPad using Baby Bargains

Quote Originally Posted by NCGrandma View Post
    At least That.Family demonstrates consistency! Of course, in all the wrong things…
    Yeah, so I just checked my email and ... apparently council sent out the heads' up to parents/guardians about Fall Product in AUGUST 2022.

I re-shared it in our troop's Rallyhood site in early September.

I'm just ... tired of this family always being That Family(TM) when it comes to following instructions.
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default I've Got Whine; Who's Got Cheese? - 2023 Whine-and-Cheese Thread

This one is almost as bad as the time DH was told by his HR people to max out his dependent care reimbursement to $4800 in 2020 (which honestly thanks to Covid we used through 2021 and they didn’t question the overnight week camp which I turned in funds for) but this year guess what Dh did?! He filled out the wrong box this year and elected dependent care instead of the flex spending account! It is only $100
    a month, but I know I explained to him
    that we would only be doing FSA this year as we didn’t need the extra DCA funds. Dd2 turns 13 in April and we still have money from last year to use because she ended up not going to school daycare for the last half of 2022 and she only went to two week of camp last year (due two free weeks of summer school, three weeks
    with her Grandparents, and then getting Covid).
    I still need to submit for the rest of DH’s expenses (his share of the school daycare from
    last year) and for the holiday camp she went to during Thanksgiving break, but pretty sure we are still going to lose about $300 from last year. He is turning in a correction form tomorrow so hopefully they can stop charging us asap or wcs after April, but still I can’t believe he did this. Initially his HR told him “too bad” and then I pushed him to email hr and tell them Dd2 turns
    13 and it should be considered a permitting change event.

It is almost a good thing though he didn’t do the FSA though because I still have money left from last year as I haven’t figured out how to get Dd2’s orthodontist stuff paid for yet. I will probably be out about $250 if I don’t get it all spent. I am trying to track down receipts from our insurance for pharmacy costs as well it is a pain. They want everything documented a plain store receipt with a medication doesn’t work anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by AnnieW625; 02-13-2023 at 01:23 PM.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

That sounds awful! I stopped choosing insurance with flex-spending or other kinds of "we will deduct $$ from your paycheck for you to apply for reimbursement at a later date" funds because I would never follow through on the "submit receipts" portion & I'd end up losing money.
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

Today's twitchiness brought to you by 7th grade girls, an ongoing interpersonal conflict, identical schedules, a fight in PE, a full-body tantrum, and suicidal ideation ... all meaning that, due to a well-intentioned state policy, DD is home from school AGAIN because she needs to be cleared by a mental health professional after she expressed a struggle with suicidal ideation & a plan to actually unalive herself to a teacher, her case manager, and the school behaviorist.

We met with her therapist (virtually) on Friday after school (as usual - she has a standing appointment) and came to the conclusion that the plan to unalive herself was, while new to me, not an imminent threat to herself or others' safety. (It doesn't help that she smacked the kid she's been struggling all year to avoid during PE, which led to the whole blowup and I just cannot deal right now.)

BUT ... we have to have that assessment in writing as a clearance to return to class, otherwise, she has to stay home.

Two messages for her therapist later, we're still in a holding pattern.
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

jgenie is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Lizzy - Im so sorry to hear your DD had a rough day. Hope her therapist responds soon. We’re here if you need us.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast