♥ms.pacman♥ is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default Update on wrinkled clothing issue - “Iron in a Bottle” spray :)

Hey all i figured i would post an update from my last thread asking for a solution to the wrinkled clothing problem . Thanks to recommendations from mommytoalyssa and bcafe in that other thread, I went and bought the Tom & Sheri “Iron in a bottle” spray. I had somehow never heard of this stuff before.

I got the spray the other day and I was doing this laundry this weekend and I figured I would try it out on one my MM LaFleur tops that always comes out super wrinkled right out of the wash (this is another one that is gentle wash + hang dry only). I attached before and after pictures of the back of the top (these are taken about an hour apart). While the spray treatment didn’t get rid of the wrinkles completely, comparing the pictures side-by-side i think it did make a huge difference!!

Below are the pictures. Sorry they appeared to have uploaded sideways here - not sure why.

DF9F9A6B-E5C5-477A-B5E3-0083E343E0F8.jpgCD11F8B6-EFD1-4FC3-B9B4-6A36D528CAEB.jpg

Anyway, i ended up getting a travel-sized version of the spray too so I can take it with me on work trips. I figure i will share this here in case others have the problem. I am probably more bothered by wrinkles in clothing than most (my OCD gets the better of me I guess, plus I hate using the dryer in general).

mom2binsd is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

What about hand washing and rolling in a towel to get our excess water, I think your machine is creating all those deep wrinkles. Lay it flat on a bath towel and roll up.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Awesome update! I would think the rest of the wrinkles would fall out with body heat! Another great BBB find with that product!

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Glad it worked for you. We have had decent luck with Downy Wrinkle Release and always make sure to travel with it since I found it last year. I bought the small travel sizes at Target but will probably buy the larger full size soon. I don’t find that it smells at all (I know people hate the smell of Downey fabric softener and I usually do as well but this doesn’t smell for me).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I learned about the Tom & Sheri spray here too. It works great for wrinkles that aren't "hard" (though I find it takes quite a bit of product - less so if you spray and smooth the clothes when they are still damp from the wash).

But my favorite thing about it is that I can use it to eliminate static and it doesn't leave a film or a strong scent on clothes!! I lightly spritz the inside and outside of my synthetics (of which I have a lot of for work because they pack smaller/lighter), and NO STATIC. LOVE IT.