Globetrotter is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default ISO: puzzles with picture underneath

I'm looking for a gift for a five year old. My kids used to have a beginner puzzle that had the picture underneath, so the kid just had to match up the pieces on top of the picture. I don't know if this makes sense. I've been looking online and I can't find this. Does anyone happen to know what I"m talking about and where to find it?
    "Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, "What? You, too? I thought I was the only one." C.S. Lewis

PZMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Globetrotter View Post
    I'm looking for a gift for a five year old. My kids used to have a beginner puzzle that had the picture underneath, so the kid just had to match up the pieces on top of the picture. I don't know if this makes sense. I've been looking online and I can't find this. Does anyone happen to know what I"m talking about and where to find it?
    I have some Melissa and Doug puzzles that are like this. I got them either at Target.com or Amazon.

double posted
    Last edited by PZMommy; 01-26-2023 at 11:48 PM. Reason: double posted

Globetrotter is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Thanks! This is the type I was referring to - I finally found this but he already has a world map puzzle. So I guess they don’t make them anymore! I think he’s new to puzzles so I thought this would be easier to do without help.

https://www.target.com/p/the-learnin...s/-/A-82444157

I’ll just get one with large pieces
    "Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, "What? You, too? I thought I was the only one." C.S. Lewis

o_mom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Last edited by o_mom; 01-27-2023 at 10:22 AM.
    Mama to three boys ('03, '05, '07)

Quote Originally Posted by Globetrotter View Post
    Thanks! This is the type I was referring to - I finally found this but he already has a world map puzzle. So I guess they don’t make them anymore! I think he’s new to puzzles so I thought this would be easier to do without help.

https://www.target.com/p/the-learnin...s/-/A-82444157

I’ll just get one with large pieces
    I just looked up the ones I ordered, and I guess the picture isn't underneath it. I could have sworn it was. I use these in my TK class (late 4's early 5's), and the kids can do them successfully.

https://www.amazon.com/Melissa-Doug-...25&sr=8-5&th=1

Also depending on space, my kids like the "floor" puzzles, and they come in various sizes. I use the 24 piece puzzles for my kids. But they take up 2x3 feet of floor space, so that may not work.

double posted
    Last edited by PZMommy; 01-27-2023 at 03:06 PM. Reason: double post