kristenk is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Need a good baby present

Y’all, I’m old and my baby is 18. Her very favorite high school teachers just had a baby and I’m stumped. They’re early 30s, first time parents and have a ton of family around them and friends with babies. I’m out of touch.

I gave board books and an Amazon gift card for the shower. I’d like to do something other than a gift card for the baby gift. There are probably a ton of baby stores (big box and boutique) around me that I can easily get to but I have no idea what to look for.

Any ideas? What are the current best baby gifts these days?

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Anything left on their registry? Or any leads from it now that you might have a sense of their style?

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

petesgirl is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Could they use something for themselves rather than the baby? Like a meal subscription service?
    Mama to :
    DS1 (July 2011)
    DD (Feb 2014-June 2015)
    DS2 (Apr 2017)

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view...Until you climb inside his skin and walk around in it."
    --Atticus Finch (To Kill A Mockingbird)

hwin708 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I would hesitate a bit to buy a standard baby registry gift, if she has a baby registry and may have already gotten those items.

But the things I see on most registries these days - The Aden & Anais blankets and burpees are still huge, Hatch nightlight/sound machine, Baby Shusher, Gund animated stuffed animals (the exact one varies, usually monkey or bunny), all the Baby Freida products, Bjorn bouncer still popular, as is the Boppy

I always include Resinol in any baby gift, because it is a very under the radar product. Just a tiny jar, but it was my go to for curing a bad diaper rash practically overnight. I have turned so many parents on to it.
    #BidenHarris2020 “It’s easier to be a parent this morning. It’s easier to be a dad. It’s easier to tell your kids character matters. It matters. Telling the truth matters. Being a good person matters.”

hbridge is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

We always do a book and stuffed animal for teacher/neighbors/ect.

My go to gift is a magnetic me gown. It's great for night time diaper changes as it opens easily and practically closes itself with hidden magnetic fasteners. They have a lot of cute prints.