jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default AllBirds - which styles are your favorites?

Just picked up several styles from Sierra. Wondering which styles are most comfortable? Most versatile? TIA

I have the wool runners, and DD has the tree dashers. I love that the wool runners are washable, warm, cute, and mostly fit well. I don't like that something about the tongue of the shoe is very uncomfortable, especially when you tighten the laces as you would with other shoes. It folds up on itself, and the laces are just barely long enough to tie. The dasher doesn't have a tongue, and dd says they're her favorite "everyday" shoes. She hasn't used them for actual running, so I can't comment on how good they are for that. She is a distance runner and wears either NB or Saucony for running.

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I never liked the wool styles...it's just that I've seen them on other people's feet and they just don't seem to age as well, looking pretty tired and ragged quickly. So we only own tree styles. DH LOVES his tree skippers and has 2 pairs. They are his sockless Disneyland shoes. I got DH a pair of Tree Dashers but they don't get as much love as his Tree Skippers. He also has a pair of Tree Loungers that he wears inside the house ALL the time.

I have a pair of Tree Toppers that I love. They have a cute/fugly look to them. It's definitely a "look" but with all the joggers and WFH clothes I wear, these are my Texas winter go-to shoes for walking the dogs, errands, etc. I also have a pair of Tree Runners that don't get as much love as my Tree Toppers. I almost want my own pair of Tree Skippers but I'm not sure because I already have a pair of Hey Dudes and they seem almost interchangeable. I've tried on the Tree Breezers in-store and they just aren't cute/fugly...they are just plain ugly on my wider feet so they're a no for me!

jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Thank you! Would either of you know hard it is to keep the white sneakers clean? I ordered a white pair and I’m wondering if I’ll regret keeping them. I also got a black pair which are cute but I’m drawn to the white. Do they stretch out at all?

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by jgenie View Post
    Thank you! Would either of you know hard it is to keep the white sneakers clean? I ordered a white pair and I’m wondering if I’ll regret keeping them. I also got a black pair which are cute but I’m drawn to the white. Do they stretch out at all?
    I unfortunately don't have any white ones...the lightest color we have is my dusty rose tree toppers and those wash up really nicely. I agree with you that white is totally cuter and I would get those!

I did not feel like any of our Tree styles stretched at all. In fact, if they get wet they will tighten up but do not worry - they relax back to their original size once dry (it's a characteristic of that Tencel-like material).

I do know the Wool styles will stretch because every salesperson says this and it makes sense with that fluffy felted wool material.