Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Period swim bottoms reviews?

Has anyone or your daughters tried any period swim bottoms that worked well? I would like to try some out before beach/vacation season arrives! My biggest issue with finding bottoms is that swimwear manufactures and I have different ideas of what “full coverage” means and I don’t want half my butt hanging out. Other than that I prefer either regular black briefs or a not huge swim skirt.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    DS 2/14
    DD 8/17

KpbS is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I would say try to order now because everything was sold out in all sizes close to what I needed for my DD last year in April and continued to be out through June/July.
    Also I had terrible customer service from the company Ruby Love. Do not recommend them whatsoever. They emailed my order had been processed and shipped when it actually hadn't. Then the item was sold out. They sent a replacement ultimately, but it was at least two sizes too big.
    K

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I just bought the Ruby Love ones for Dd2 and I believe they have to be tight fitting but I think this brand runs small. She wears clothing ranging from 0-4 (depends on brand) and so I ordered the XS and the S and she tried on the small and it was too tight on the bottom and it looked tight on the bott. The top fit fine. I emailed the company to hopefully exchange the small for the medium and get a refund on the XS one she didn’t even try on. I could just get a medium bottom and have her wear a top she already has. The only other bummer is that I can’t believe how expensive they are. The two suits I ordered were $121 (after tax and a 20% off discount code).

Fwiw Dd2 is about 5’4”, weighs about 100-105lbs, and can still fit into the Art Class XL 14-16 sized kids suit we bought her last year.

I know these companies probably can’t use tween or teenage models but I found it very frustrating (especially with the Knixteen site) that all of the models were adult sized women. I wanted to see how they would fit on a teen and if they were high cut, etc.

There are some random brands on Amazon that have decent reviews (although I am sure there could be a lot of “bot” reviews) and are much better price, but at this point I just hope something works because dd2 hasn’t fully grasped the tampon yet and we are going to Hawaii right around the time she wins scheduled to get her period.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by AnnieW625; 01-29-2023 at 06:07 PM.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

Quote Originally Posted by KpbS View Post
    I would say try to order now because everything was sold out in all sizes close to what I needed for my DD last year in April and continued to be out through June/July.
    Also I had terrible customer service from the company Ruby Love. Do not recommend them whatsoever. They emailed my order had been processed and shipped when it actually hadn't. Then the item was sold out. They sent a replacement ultimately, but it was at least two sizes too big.
    What did you end up going with and how was the sizing.

I ordered some panties from Ruby Love for my elder daughter and myself and I thought they were okay. Dd1 wore hers until she outgrew them. I got my order on Friday and I ordered on the 20th. They came from New Jersey and I am in California.

Annie
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I got these for DD1 last year for our vacation: https://www.knixteen.com/products/pe...40254722113584

And they worked out very nicely. I would say we didn't severely test it (haha) but DD2 was on her period on a lighter flow day and there was no leaking. We still made sure to use a dark towel juuuust in case. They fit her really nicely and had great coverage, and the quality was good. We went by the hip measurements for the size chart, and it worked out perfectly. We also got her the matching bikini top and she wore that under her rash guard: https://www.knixteen.com/products/do...40258564227120

Order early!!! They took a while to get here because they were coming from Canada!

Quote Originally Posted by twowhat? View Post
    I got these for DD1 last year for our vacation: https://www.knixteen.com/products/pe...40254722113584

And they worked out very nicely. I would say we didn't severely test it (haha) but DD2 was on her period on a lighter flow day and there was no leaking. We still made sure to use a dark towel juuuust in case. They fit her really nicely and had great coverage, and the quality was good. We went by the hip measurements for the size chart, and it worked out perfectly. We also got her the matching bikini top and she wore that under her rash guard: https://www.knixteen.com/products/do...40258564227120

Order early!!! They took a while to get here because they were coming from Canada!
    Did you find them to be true to size?

DS 2/14
    DD 8/17

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieW625 View Post
    I just bought the Ruby Love ones for Dd2 and I believe they have to be tight fitting but I think this brand runs small. She wears clothing ranging from 0-4 (depends on brand) and so I ordered the XS and the S and she tried on the small and it was too tight on the bottom and it looked tight on the bott. The top fit fine. I emailed the company to hopefully exchange the small for the medium and get a refund on the XS one she didn’t even try on. I could just get a medium bottom and have her wear a top she already has. The only other bummer is that I can’t believe how expensive they are. The two suits I ordered were $121 (after tax and a 20% off discount code).

Fwiw Dd2 is about 5’4”, weighs about 100-105lbs, and can still fit into the Art Class XL 14-16 sized kids suit we bought her last year.

I know these companies probably can’t use tween or teenage models but I found it very frustrating (especially with the Knixteen site) that all of the models were adult sized women. I wanted to see how they would fit on a teen and if they were high cut, etc.

There are some random brands on Amazon that have decent reviews (although I am sure there could be a lot of “bot” reviews) and are much better price, but at this point I just hope something works because dd2 hasn’t fully grasped the tampon yet and we are going to Hawaii right around the time she wins scheduled to get her period.

Good to know about the sizing. I am mostly a size 4 in bottoms so it sounds like I should go with a medium.

My plan is just to get 1-2 pair of bottoms that I will wear with the tops I already have. Maybe I will get one each from a couple of different brands. I plan to use them as a backup and still wear either a tampon or cup (depending on where I am and which seems easier at the time).

DS 2/14
    DD 8/17

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by gymnbomb View Post
    Did you find them to be true to size?

I never have a good sense of "true to size". We measured DD's hips (31 inches) and based on their size chart, bought the size corresponding to her hip measurement (S). And it fit her perfectly. So I would say their size chart is accurate, and it makes sense to go by your hip measurement, which is the largest measurement (vs waist).

KpbS is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieW625 View Post
    What did you end up going with and how was the sizing.

I ordered some panties from Ruby Love for my elder daughter and myself and I thought they were okay. Dd1 wore hers until she outgrew them. I got my order on Friday and I ordered on the 20th. They came from New Jersey and I am in California.

I tried to order the classic swim bottom in a teal color (to match a couple of tops we had) I think in small. They ended up sending a black pair size XL which has never been worn.
    I ordered 23 days in advance of when we needed them. Ordered on a Fri, email saying they shipped sent the next Mon. Second email received saying the item was out of stock about two weeks later after shipping email. I contacted customer service and they were rude and initially very unhelpful. They said the email stating my item had shipped shouldn't have been sent.
    Last edited by KpbS; 01-29-2023 at 09:53 PM.
    K

I am in the process of exchanging the Ruby Love swimsuits (I found the exchange link on their website). Moral of the story I just should’ve gotten one as they have an exchange only or store credit return policy. Oh well at least she will have two suits and we have a pool so they should get used even while not on vacation. I am ordering mediums this time. Sending them today and then should have them by Thursday or Friday. Hopefully all goes smoothly. I will let you all know how it works out.

Has anyone worn swim wear bottoms with an extra pad with these for extra protection? The Ruby Love ones say you can (and they have a pocket for them) but I am afraid that they will expand with water. We have no cloth pads in our house, but I guess I try some if I needed to.

Last edited by AnnieW625; 01-30-2023 at 10:34 AM.
    Annie
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast