Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default Period swim bottoms reviews?

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    I feel like a pad would be visible with the bulk of it, even the thin ones. That’s not an option I’d consider.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains
    Yes but if it is that or bleeding through I am willing to consider it. Maybe a thin one or panty liner as backup. Plus it is a family vacation and not a pool party with a bunch of friends. I highly doubt some random person on a beach is going to notice a padded piece of swimwear. Ruby Love says you can use regular pads with theirs in the water, but I am skeptical. She said she tried a tampon once and didn’t care for it. We have tiny light ones too. I know she’ll eventually get it, but don’t want her to be embarrassed about it. She has handled getting her period quite well for a 12 year old.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by AnnieW625; 01-31-2023 at 04:15 PM.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

Any pad you wear is likely to just absorb pool/ocean water. How do period swim bottoms even work? Swim diapers are mainly just for poop.

I’m thankful DD is a competitive swimmer and was forced to use tampons on day 1. (She had to swim the 1000 at a swim meet 24 hours after her period arrived.) day 1 was a bit rough with her trying to figure out how to get the tiny tampon inserted properly, but it’s been smooth sailing after that first period. All of her swim friends had been wearing tampons so she knew it was just something she’d have to figure out.
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

mom2binsd is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by georgiegirl View Post
    Any pad you wear is likely to just absorb pool/ocean water. How do period swim bottoms even work? Swim diapers are mainly just for poop.

I’m thankful DD is a competitive swimmer and was forced to use tampons on day 1. (She had to swim the 1000 at a swim meet 24 hours after her period arrived.) day 1 was a bit rough with her trying to figure out how to get the tiny tampon inserted properly, but it’s been smooth sailing after that first period. All of her swim friends had been wearing tampons so she knew it was just something she’d have to figure out.
    Same here, DD was just 11 when she had to figure it out, she looked up youtube video's and the main thing was to make sure it was all the way in, if it's too low it won't feel right. Also, trying on a day with plenty of blood/moisture (sorry if TMI) will be helpful. I'd honestly give tampons another go, seems like it would be easier than dealing with the bulk of pads in a period bottom.

Mom2Be and GeorgieGirl I whole heartedly agree about tampon use. I wish it wasn’t a psychological thing with so many people because I think young girls hear how scary they are and don’t want to use them. I was 15 when I finally got the hang of them. I know adults who say they went their whole life never wearing a tampon….I can’t even imagine (but that is a post for another time I am sure).

Annie
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,

klwa is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieW625 View Post
    Mom2Be and GeorgieGirl I whole heartedly agree about tampon use. I wish it wasn’t a psychological thing with so many people because I think young girls hear how scary they are and don’t want to use them. I was 15 when I finally got the hang of them. I know adults who say they went their whole life never wearing a tampon….I can’t even imagine (but that is a post for another time I am sure).
    Honestly, I'm a grown adult and find tampons completely uncomfortable. I've worn them, at times exclusively, but they make my cramps worse and I can just *feel* that they're there the whole day. I was so happy to have the option of period underwear & pads especially for introducing my daughters to the whole thing. And yet, DD1 finds tampons to be completely comfortable & thinks I'm crazy for going the other way when introducing her to everything. So, basically, bodies are different and what makes the most sense to one won't to someone else.
    -Kris
    DS (9/05)
    DD (8/08)
    DD (9/12)

KpbS is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

My DD tried tampons last year for swimming and found them to be unbearable. We are going to try the period swim wear again since she swims almost everyday of the summer.
    K

Default Period swim bottoms reviews?

Quote Originally Posted by klwa View Post
    Honestly, I'm a grown adult and find tampons completely uncomfortable. I've worn them, at times exclusively, but they make my cramps worse and I can just *feel* that they're there the whole day. I was so happy to have the option of period underwear & pads especially for introducing my daughters to the whole thing. And yet, DD1 finds tampons to be completely comfortable & thinks I'm crazy for going the other way when introducing her to everything. So, basically, bodies are different and what makes the most sense to one won't to someone else.
    Yep for sure….this is a very much YMMV situation (or on years past yoga pants to run errands or who wears thong underwear kind of thing). (Sorry OP for the hijack).

Can you tell me how they really work? I had tried period panties and the sewn in pad part was too short so I leaked and therefore stopped wearing them.

Last edited by AnnieW625; 02-01-2023 at 02:27 PM.
    Annie
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3