Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    KpbS is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Ugh, that’s a lot! Hope things are on the upswing soon.

I sent you a PM.
    K

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by ♥ms.pacman♥ View Post

I’m tired and overwhelmed. I know this is horrible to say, but I hate taking care of people. I’m not good at it and it’s exhausting and draining and gives me awful anxiety and depression. I had a very very hard time when my kids were little and I was a SAHM and my DH traveled a lot. Now they are old enough to be independent , my DH works from home and I have a new job I am excited to do well at. Yet my focus and energy are completely shot, and it kills me.
    I don't think it's horrible to say it, but I think that, societally, it's so hard to say it out loud to people who don't understand what you mean.

We've "known" each other for almost 14 years thanks to the BBB, and, parasocially, I know you love your family deeply. But it still sucks when you're the one expected to take care of everything/person and you're wiped out.

I often feel the same; it's part of the reason I react so angrily when my DH pulls the "man flu" - it's like the world has to come to an absolute standstill because he's got the sniffles, but I could be running a friggin' fever & be totally delirious and I'd still have to wipe bums and make dinner.
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

marinkitty is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

That is A LOT! I really hope the passports come through soon as it sounds like you could really use a break from day to day life. Our January had a lot in common with yours and I'm also wiped out from it emotionally. I hope you get to throw yourself into the new challenges at work and everyone gets back on their feet and not needing quite as much from you minute to minute. Is there any way to help your folks get some caregiving to ease the burden on you and your dad? My mom (with Alzheimer's, and currently a broken foot (part of my hectic January), finally had to give in to more care at home and it is like the weight of the world has been lifted from my shoulders). Hang in there!

♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

thank you all for the replies! the kiddos passports (reissued, as the original ones were lost ) finally came yesterday!!! they arrived while i was on work travel. so relieved!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2