Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Maybe I'm missing it but why won't she wear it again? Because it is a one piece? Those seem to be majorly in style right now so maybe if you got the right one she would wear it? My DD is still young enough that we buy off the rack but my friends with teen DDs told me their big process was buying tons of suits on amazons and trying on at home until they found "the one". Sounds like a bit of work but maybe worth it? I remember the old days when I'd run to the local swim store and try on dozens of suits in person but I don't know that stores like that are so common any more!

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Percycat View Post
    Do you have a costco membership? They have two different one piece suits for $20.

https://www.costco.com/hurley-ladies...100974005.html

https://www.costco.com/.product.4000028942.html
    Those look like nice options too.

I tried on some Nautica suits last year and I found that they ran small.

My dd2 would probably wear the first one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

mom2binsd is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I would think those Costco ones would be too big, she's really tiny.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Default One-piece bathing suit for a 13yr old?

Quote Originally Posted by mom2binsd View Post
    I would think those Costco ones would be too big, she's really tiny.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
    Everything at Costco runs pretty large (women’s sizes). And the suits are generally made for women with hips and boobs. Maybe try the largest kids size in swim suits. In years past, they have had basic speedos for super cheap.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

nfceagles is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by bisous View Post
    Maybe I'm missing it but why won't she wear it again? Because it is a one piece? Those seem to be majorly in style right now so maybe if you got the right one she would wear it? My DD is still young enough that we buy off the rack but my friends with teen DDs told me their big process was buying tons of suits on amazons and trying on at home until they found "the one". Sounds like a bit of work but maybe worth it? I remember the old days when I'd run to the local swim store and try on dozens of suits in person but I don't know that stores like that are so common any more!
    I think the problem is she would like some sort of lining to limit how much nipples show, but she’s so small that she’s still in kids size which are juvenile and don’t usually have lining in the cups.

wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by bisous View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by nfceagles View Post
    I think the problem is she would like some sort of lining to limit how much nipples show, but she’s so small that she’s still in kids size which are juvenile and don’t usually have lining in the cups.

Yes she's so tiny that women's one pieces don't fit her...they are too wide and torso is too long. And youth one pieces (other than the swim store which is a great rec) tend to be too juveline. She doesn't like anything frilly or girly that youth bathing suits tend to be. She can usually make a teen/junior size bikini work, especially if it is sold as separates.
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3