Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by wendibird22 View Post
    I think her desire for the padding is that the youth swimsuits tend to be in colors/patterns that really show nipples and she doesn't want that. I was with her last summer when she tried some on and was like wow, is that noticeable! If this were a swim team where everyone is basically focused on the task at hand, I don't think she'd care as much. But PE class with 7th grade boys/girls who are all just sizing each other up and hardly anyone is taking it seriously is another story. And her grade level cohort (which is ~60 kids) is, in the words of the guidance counselor, one of the worst the school has dealt with in a long time.
    It’s very interesting because none of that goes on during swim practice. I have a 13 year old boy and 16 year old daughter who have been swimming forever. They spend countless hours in bathing suits with the opposite sex. And the boys all wear speedos by age 12-13 or so
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I had swimming in middle school (7th and 8th grade). Everyone was equally uncomfortable so no really seemed to be critical. Everyone just endured it.

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

To be more helpful, we bought several of these one-piece suits for DD last summer; they have soft cups and I think run a tiny bit small, so they might work!
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by georgiegirl View Post
    It’s very interesting because none of that goes on during swim practice. I have a 13 year old boy and 16 year old daughter who have been swimming forever. They spend countless hours in bathing suits with the opposite sex. And the boys all wear speedos by age 12-13 or so
    This is a PE unit that only lasts a few week. Different from kids on a swim team who are there to improve their skills.

mom2binsd is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

At her size she will need a swim suit likely in size 24, DD who is small but not that small wears a 26/28.

The Amazon ones would probably be too big for her.

Find a swim team store locally to try on, Tyr, speedo, arena, etc are popular and look for the sale bin.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

nfceagles is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default One-piece bathing suit for a 13yr old?

Quote Originally Posted by georgiegirl View Post
    I think that’s the difference. Your kids have been swimming forever. The swim team kids spend countless hours in suits around each other. They don’t think anything of it. For a group of middle schoolers who’ve never seen each other in a swimsuit and aren’t used to it… my daughter and her friends would have the same concerns I think. I would give that Baleaf one a try in XS. I like their other products and it has the lined cups. Plus, the adjustable straps might help with fit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Thanks all for the suggestions! There used to be a swim store about 30mins away but I just looked and it has closed. But I'm willing to try online ordering.
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default One-piece bathing suit for a 13yr old?

If you want another suggestion DD2 loves this swimsuit from the Art Class line at Target. She is about 5’4” and weighs 105lbs and it still fits her. She got it last year. I am sure it has stretched a bit but it covers everything and it looks good on her. I should probably order her another one while it is still in stock.

https://www.target.com/p/girls-39-gi...E&gclsrc=aw.ds

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by AnnieW625; 02-09-2023 at 04:01 PM.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

Percycat is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Do you have a costco membership? They have two different one piece suits for $20.

https://www.costco.com/hurley-ladies...100974005.html

https://www.costco.com/.product.4000028942.html

citymama is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Athleta Girl is worth it IMO
    Last edited by citymama; 02-11-2023 at 03:11 AM.

for Sandy Hook

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast