Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    essnce629 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

DH shops without issue. We live walking distance to Trader Joe's and he can easily go in with our list (in the Alexa app) and get what is needed. He may text me a question or 2 but otherwise is fine. He's the only one who shops at Costco because I don't enjoy going there.

I will say if you have boys and your DH sucks at shopping, to please teach your boys not to be the same, or else they will. My boys are 13 and 19 and there's many around the house things that DH was never taught and I refuse to let my sons be the same way and act as helpless and clueless as him. Even DS2 can walk to the grocery store (there's 3 within walking distance) and get a few items and pick things with the furthest out expiration dates (for baked goods, bagged salad, etc). If we don't want our sons to grow up and be just as clueless as their dads, with their partners complaining about them, then we need to break the cycle.

Sent from my SM-A526U1 using Tapatalk
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

Wow what is he doing there?

When DH runs to the store, he always returns with 4x the food on the list. And calls me multiple times to ask about which brand, which size, which flavor, location in store (hello, I don't work there!), do we need more milk?, do we want burgers for dinner in 2 weeks, and more. But he doesn't take too much actual time in the store. I just know to keep my phone close And I remember running to Target once when my kiddos were young while my mom was watching them. It was so delightful to wander around without babies and toddlers that I lost track of time until my mom got worried and called. Maybe he's mentally and physically checking out like that? But 3 hours seems a bit excessive.
    Mom to Two Wild and Crazy Boys and One Sweet Baby Girl

niccig is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

DH is fine with shopping. We often go together to do the groceries. The only issue is he’ll often put too much in the cart and I know we won’t eat it all before it goes bad for perishables. I’m trying to minimize food waste

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

khm is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by doberbrat View Post
    DH went to the grocery store to buy frozen pizzas for dinner. He drove to the one that is 2mi away, has ample parking and is never busy - not even day before Thanksgiving. He came back with 2 paper bags worth of stuff. Guess how long he took???
    ?
    ?
    ?
    ?
    ?
    ?
    3h

Seriously! I know I should be grateful that he went but he always takes so f'ing long! A 'big' grocery trip can take 4-5h
    Hopefully he was out buying your Valentine's Day gift.

My husband buys too much, and enjoys browsing around grocery stores way more than I do. But since your store is that close, that means he was supposedly IN the store for 3 hours? Nope, that's crazy. Is there a restaurant/bar/coffee shop in there?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2