Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Twoboos is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I got this Travelon Bag for the last couple of times we traveled internationally - Travelon Anti-Theft Classic Mini Shoulder Bag (One Size, Midnight w/Teal Lining) - I got it from Amazon but apparently it's not available anymore. i liked it bc its non-slashable and the zippers can "clip" onto the bag and you can't just open it. (If that makes sense lol.) I also have smaller crossbody I would use and keep in front of me or hold.

As far as a hairdryer I just used whatever was provided by the hotel, but had a converter for my last iron (totally necessary since my hair can get weird kinks).

We did the $10/day intl phone plans, we use the phones way too much to not have them available - a blessing and a curse lol.
    "Every mother needs a wife." - Amy Poehler, Yes Please

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default What do you use for a purse in Europe? Cell phone? Chargers? Hair dryers?

Quote Originally Posted by mom2binsd View Post
    Don't most of you use your phone for pics though? I'd bring the phone and put it on airplane mode. A couple of times when you get to a place with wifi turn it on, check messages (have who ever is watching the kids know to use either Facebook messenger, whatsapp, or another messenger service to let you know if they need you to contact them for an emergency.) Going overseas means you have to give up that instant communication unless you are willing to spend the money on the international fees for full access. You can use plenty of apps to FaceTime/Video chat with the kids at when you have wifi.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
    Yes that is what we did. It worked perfectly. In a true emergency I would’ve activated the phone but I never needed to. We were 8-9 hours ahead of where our kids were staying. We didn’t have a rental car at any place we were at so we used cruise provided busses on the cruise, in Stockholm we used a taxi, and public transportation, and in Copenhagen we walked. When I needed directions I would screen shot a map of where I wanted to go while on wifi of where I was going (only had to do that in Stockholm, and Copenhagen iirc) or if my brother and SIL were with us and they had their phones on so I would ask for assistance, but I only did that once or twice. I am pretty good with directions though. Would I be comfortable doing that in non English speaking cities probably not; but for where we were at and able to travel without a guide most people knew English and were very helpful. The only country I did not want to be on my own (and it wasn’t recommended) was St. Petersburg so we stuck to cruise only transportation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by AnnieW625; 03-02-2023 at 11:15 PM.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

ahisma is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I pay the $10 a day and submit to work for reimbursement. While they try not to have me do much, I do have to be available (compliance reasons), so it makes sense for them to pay it.

I love this purse. I can wear it under a coat if I want, but it keeps everything close and safe without being a "travel wallet". It fits my phone and wallet perfectly, plus a granola bar or something. I don't like to carry a water bottle in my purse, it hurts my shoulder / neck. https://topdrawershop.com/collection...42402828320946

bisous is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Ended up paying $10 per day for each of us for our phones but I think it was worth it. Often we were using two separate navigational apps and comparing! We used them for everything from connecting with various Metro lines to driving through very narrow medieval cities!

All hotels had adequate blow dryers. I might want to invest in a curling device with a converter next time but mostly my hair cooperated.

Bag wise, I did update my thread in the lounge but I ended up getting a totally different bag than I was originally considering. It is very similar to the one that Kpbs suggested in the other thread. It was perfect size wise. I really liked the quality of the bag and the pockets made sense. It was comfortable and felt secure. It could be quite light if I didn't add a lot of stuff or fairly loaded down depending on the day!

https://www.amazon.com/Sling-Bag-Cro...NsaWNrPXRydWU=

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2