Default Sick kid, clueless husband

DH is normally a fabulous husband/father. But today I am just wondering…

DD (5) has been sick the past few days. Probably norovirus. Threw up most of the day Thursday and didn’t eat anything that day. Ate a little Friday and no more throwing up, but tired, stomach hurts, diarrhea, etc.

Today (Saturday) DH asked me to give her some medicine as she had a fever Friday and still felt a little warm. I gave her ibuprofen. 1-2 hours later he takes her temperature and tells me it has gone down. Then seemed surprised when I told him the medicine does that….

After lunch I take DS to swim lessons, and I come home to see he has given her blue colored ice cream. Exactly what you should eat when you have a stomach bug. So I just finished cleaning blue vomit off the carpet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    DS 2/14
    DD 8/17

Cleaning up blue vomit will teach him not to feed stuff like that to kids with GI viruses.

Once DS1 slept over at a friend’s house, and this mom always got the kids lots of junk food. I didn’t want to sound ungrateful, so I didn’t mention anything. Well, she calls me at 11PM because DS puked up takis and red Gatorade all over their carpeted stairs. (He didn’t puke at all once I brought him home, and he had a normal appetite, so I’m 99% sure the puking was from overindulging in takis and Gatorade.)

DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

petesgirl is online now Emerald level (3000+ posts)

The ice cream thing is totally something my DH would do!
    Mama to :
    DS1 (July 2011)
    DD (Feb 2014-June 2015)
    DS2 (Apr 2017)

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view...Until you climb inside his skin and walk around in it."
    --Atticus Finch (To Kill A Mockingbird)

On the up side, she seems to be starting to get a bit of her pep back this morning and says she is feeling a little better.

DS 2/14
    DD 8/17

o_mom is online now Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

DH once gave a kid milk when they said their stomach hurt (middle of the night, I wasn't awake yet). When they vomited all over the throw rug *and* the dog, he learned.

Last words as we finally got back to bed... "I think we should get a new rug."
    Mama to three boys ('03, '05, '07)

Twoboos is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Yup, DH loved giving the kids OJ when puking. Or having them eat to "keep their strength up." Hello - their stomach disagrees.
    "Every mother needs a wife." - Amy Poehler, Yes Please

Kestrel is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I'm so sorry. This is so something my DH would do, too.

I'm using this to review with him... water. The only thing a kid needs when throwing up is water. Anything else, ask mom!

doberbrat is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

and this is why I never left dh with a sick kid.....

I'm so sorry he did that. I am glad she seems to be on the mend. Noro is brutal.
    dd1 10/05
    dd2 11/09
    and ... a mini poodle!