chlobo is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Help for a friend in need

I have a friend who does not live near me. She was diagnosed with anal cancer and will begin radiation treatment soon.

Does anyone have thoughts on something that I could send her that might help with the treatments or make her feel better?

gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Could you ask her? Reach out to her, let her know you care and ask how treatments are going. She will likely be tired and could use some help but it’s hard to know how to help without finding out how the treatment affects her. Also, does she had a family to take care of? A popular thing around here is a mealtrain network to take away some of the stress of providing meals. Is she doing chemo? Our girls’ crafting group puts together kits to give to cancer survivors which includes hand lotion, lip balm, peppermint candies (which are suppose to be soothing), hand sanitizer, Kleenex packets, prayer cards, etc.
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

AmyZ is offline Gold level (500+ posts)

I have not used this personally, but I've heard good things.

https://www.spoonfulofcomfort.com/

Or maybe something cozy. I like the ribbed long sleeve shirts.

https://cozyearth.com/
    Our string quartet is complete

I think the Cozy Earth idea is a really good one if you are 100% sure of size.

I received a Spoonful of Comfort gift after my BC surgeries and it was just OK tasting. If you think you want to send food, something from Zingerman’s would be my recommendation.