Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9
    jenmcadams is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by arivecchi View Post
    Hey Jen. Just seeing this. Happy to meet up with you guys and talk Tufts if he wants to talk to a grad.
    We might be interested in that. I think he's leaning strongly towards Oxy, but he hasn't pulled the trigger yet and he seems to still be looking at Tufts. I'll send you a message
    Mom to a DD (8/02) and a DS (6/05)

citymama is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

As someone who went to Tufts and now lives in California, I can tell you that location wise, I'd pick SoCal in a heartbeat! Where does he want to end up living? Each of those schools has a stronger reputational and practical value closer to home, although both are known nationally.

for Sandy Hook

jenmcadams is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by citymama View Post
    As someone who went to Tufts and now lives in California, I can tell you that location wise, I'd pick SoCal in a heartbeat! Where does he want to end up living? Each of those schools has a stronger reputational and practical value closer to home, although both are known nationally.

I'm with you on location for sure! I don't think he has any idea where he might end up after college. He's interested in politics, economics, philosophy, etc. I could see him doing something with a government agency of the UN or I could see him working in politics or a non-profit. He's still super undecided
    Mom to a DD (8/02) and a DS (6/05)

Quote Originally Posted by jenmcadams View Post
    I'm with you on location for sure! I don't think he has any idea where he might end up after college. He's interested in politics, economics, philosophy, etc. I could see him doing something with a government agency of the UN or I could see him working in politics or a non-profit. He's still super undecided
    Because of the Fletcher School, Tufts has an edge on the UN or government agency and even non profit connections. It also is part of the Boston schools consortium, so he could take classes at the Harvard Kennedy School of Government or MIT's Urban Planning School or Boston U's global development school. I imagine Oxy is also similarly positioned. Great choices to have!

for Sandy Hook

nfceagles is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Because of the Fletcher School, Tufts has an edge on the UN or government agency and even non profit connections. It also is part of the Boston schools consortium, so he could take classes at the Harvard Kennedy School of Government or MIT's Urban Planning School or Boston U's global development school. I imagine Oxy is also similarly positioned. Great choices to have!
    Is this consortium unique to the Fletcher School? Or would it also apply to an Arts and Sciences student?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

arivecchi is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by jenmcadams View Post
    I majored in international relations at Tufts and that major might be right up his alley.
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

Quote Originally Posted by nfceagles View Post
    Is this consortium unique to the Fletcher School? Or would it also apply to an Arts and Sciences student?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Tufts U overall! It's the Boston consortium

for Sandy Hook

I am not sure Tufts is a better with respect to the UN, Oxy has a well established semester long UN internship program.

Kindra178 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by westwoodmom04 View Post
    I am not sure Tufts is a better with respect to the UN, Oxy has a well established semester long UN internship program.
    I was thinking this too. The student can pick on other issues and not program specific, as both are excellent.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9