Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default Anyone still masking when not required?

Just wondering..

essnce629 is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

No, I stopped wearing a mask in the fall, except when required at a medical facility. I did wear one when I flew in February though.

As far as I know, I haven't had covid yet.

Sent from my SM-A526U1 using Tapatalk
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

No. I haven’t since mandates were lifted (pretty late in my state; is that right? I can’t remember what mandates were set by who). I also have not had Covid, to my knowledge. Knock on wood.
    I wear them anytime I'm asked- medical offices, my hair salon, occasional school activities (in the 2 weeks before shows the staff and volunteers all switch to maks and kids are supposed to wear them when not on stage). I've flown a fair number of times and no mask. I always assumed I would wear one when traveling but I find myself not reaching for one.
    Last edited by SnuggleBuggles; 03-27-2023 at 08:31 AM.

Default Anyone still masking when not required?

Sometimes. I will make in crowded parts of airports and on planes for the foreseeable future. The university I teach at has a “mask in classrooms unless instructor waives it” policy. While most professors don’t require them, more do than I had expected. I have required them so far, but may stop after next week (2 weeks after spring break when they all traveled and came back sick).

I had started last fall not requiring masks, but the day I had 3 of my students test positive for Covid on the same day was my tipping point. In some of my classes I have 100-150 students crammed in shoulder to shoulder, and late fall/winter has always been a time when illnesses spread like wildfire through campus, dating back way before Covid. I will likely wear a mask while teaching through the end of the school year which is only a little more than a month from now. But that is only a few hours a week. I don’t wear it outside the classroom.

I send my kids to school with a mask for a day or two when they are recovering from being sick and meet all the requirements to go back to school but aren’t back to 100% yet. DH did the same when he was recovering from illness last fall but needed to go to class.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by gymnbomb; 03-27-2023 at 07:51 AM.
    DS 2/14
    DD 8/17

Medical offices (required), public transportation & theatre (not required).
    DD1 - 1996
    DD2 - 1999
    DD3 - 2005

Surfaces are for working, not for storing. - Peter Walsh

MSWR0319 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

When required in medical offices. I was masking on airplanes, but didn't last week because I got covid about a month ago. I, of course, now have a cold and wish I had masked.

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Yes.

I had my Girl Scout troop continue masking through our March troop meetings because I was delighted not to get colds & other shared germs last year. We got covid anyway in January; I'm gonna say that the masks helped my troop members NOT get it, so I think we'll continue masking during cold & flu season for the foreseeable future.

We also mask inside the grocery store, especially when it's crowded.
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

NCGrandma is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Still more cautious here. In addition to places that require masks (primarily medical offices), my friend and I still wear masks when we go to Wegmans and when we go to large events in the auditorium at our CCRC. In both places, there are many others who are masked.

No recent travel (I’m still getting over my Christmas "adventure" on Southwest ) — I’ll probably mask in the airport and on the plane when I go to DGD1's HS graduation in June.

Sent from my iPad using Baby Bargains

wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

No we haven't been masking. We are flying next week and DH and I are debating if we'll mask (and ask the kids to mask) on the plane. DH, a teacher, is considering masking this week at school just so that he doesn't get sick heading into our vacation...which we all desperately need.
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

Kindra178 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

No. They may work on the individual level but the benefits don’t translate to population level. I only do it when mandated by an office. My pt’s office requires it and it’s super annoying. Also it is unmitigated environmental disaster.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast