Default Favorite phone protection case?

I’ve been dropping my older phone a lot lately, so I got new phone as part of new promo.

This time I want to protect my phone as best I can but without the huge bulky feel like Otterbox which I know gets a lot of love.

Someone recommended dropguys case which looks nice as it seems to be lightweight but very sturdy in protection. Any other recs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Mummy to DS1-6/11 and DS2-1/14

nfceagles is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I have this one and think it’s very protective without being excessive. I drop my phone a fair bit and have never cracked a screen. (Knock on wood) Comes in a lot of other designs too.

Casely iPhone 13 Case | Compatible with MagSafe | Endless Peaks | Colorblock Mountain Case https://a.co/d/6eTZGjd

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Otterbox Symmetry. I drop my phone all the time- flung it onto ceramic tile today. The case is not bulky and it works perfectly.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    Otterbox Symmetry. I drop my phone all the time- flung it onto ceramic tile today. The case is not bulky and it works perfectly.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains
    I am pretty sure this is what I have. It is an Otterbox but is not bulky. I also put on a screen protector. I drop my phone a lot and it has never broken or gotten scratched.

DS 2/14
    DD 8/17

Twin Mom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

My son works at a cell phone repair store and recommends tech 21 cases. They don’t sell them at the store in case you are wondering if that’s why he recommends them! Here’s the website but they are sold on Amazon and other stores too. I have one on my phone right now and so far so good! I also use a screen protector.

https://www.tech21.com/

I had a Casely case on a new iPhone 13 last year. Always had a similar type case throughout the years and despite all the drops, never cracked a phone. Until last year. I'm sure it was probably a perfect hit how it fell but now I'm sporting an Otterbox Commuter. Slightly larger than I've ever had but not really annoying.
    Mom to Two Wild and Crazy Boys and One Sweet Baby Girl

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default Favorite phone protection case?

I have had good luck with my Case Mate case (Rifle Paper Company design), and also a variety of Speck clear cases over the last 5 years or so. Prior to that I pretty much had Otterbox Symmetry cases that worked well (but switched to Speck because the clear Symmetry cases turned yellow really quick).

Dd1 has had Sonix cases for the last few years and only had one drop recently that put a small crack on the side of her screen. The current Sonix case with somehow the sides of the case split within a few months (it was only $15 so I am not really complaining), but it is odd because the the other Sonix case she had was barely damaged at all from the fall (which cracked the screen) but she wanted a new case anyways, which now at maybe 3 months old is splitting on the side. She is now looking at the Wildflower brand and a few of her friends have that brand. I am not sure I would recommend Sonix again, and I am not sure about this Wildflower brand which isn’t cheap; they are around $50 and don’t look to be that more substantial than the $20-$30 Sonix case.

Last edited by AnnieW625; 05-25-2023 at 12:50 PM.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

essnce629 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I use an Otterbox too (Defender with the clip taken off). My phone has been hit with volleyballs at high speed at tournaments and thrown onto the court with zero damage!
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)