Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default UPDATED OP/ RFID belt bag? Favorite Fanny Pack/Cross Body Bag?

Updating here. I think I've worked through it all and I really just want another belt bag. The size is PERFECT. DH REALLY wants all the anti-theft features. But of all the features, I think he thinks the RFID protection is the most important. His parents live in Germany and his dad's CCs were compromised so I can see why it might be a good idea.

Anyone ever see a belt bag that also has RFID protection or can think about another option that let's me keep my belt bag, haha? Or maybe I just make him carry the CCs?

I am still looking for a bag to use in Europe. I'm realizing that I think the bag I'm currently using is the perfect size! It is an inexpensive fanny pack from Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/UTO-Waterproo...s%2C136&sr=8-2

DH HATES it. He thinks gold zippers are ridiculous for a bag that is supposedly protecting your valuables, and that the brightness is daring thieves to come and open up your bag, lol.

I don't hate my bag, BUT it is getting worn and I'd love to get something nice and new for my trip.

I know the lululemon bag is super popular and it looks fine. I know there's an amazon dupe for that one too and that it doesn't have gold zippers. I am considering that one, but wondered what everyone else liked? It doesn't need to be a fanny pack. A crossbody would be fine too. The size is the crucial issue and a fanny pack SIZE is perfect for me for daytime outings.

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by bisous; 03-31-2023 at 10:22 AM.

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default Favorite Fanny Pack/Cross Body Bag?

I wish I would’ve gotten the Lululemon bag for myself before getting it for Dd1 because now I can’t have one as Dd1 has one….he he.

I think your DH’s reasoning is off. There are going to be plenty of Europeans wearing those kind of bags and they like flashy things (and white sneakers…..I saw more Europeans wearing white sneakers - Fila, Gucci, Nike, and other high send brands than I did the tourists on our cruise). I was told by many people here not to wear white sneakers in Europe because I would stand out too much. I honestly think though the white chunky sneakers were just becoming a thing again. For not looking flashy I wore simple stud earrings or small hoops and my mom necklace because my kids weren’t with me) unless I was on the cruise ship for a nice dinner then I did change my necklace (our room had a safe).

I ended up buying a Lululemon festival bag (off Poshmark for the same price a retail) and I really like it but the only downside is that you can’t really put a water bottle in it. It worked for our trip to Maui, but I still don’t think I will get rid of my Sak crossbody I used in Europe in 2019 because it did work so well for me for European travel. This is the one I posted in your other bag post and it is still available on Poshmark for $40, which is a great price for the bag.

Good luck and tbh I think your Dh is making a big deal out of nothing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by AnnieW625; 03-28-2023 at 03:11 PM.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I think you’ll look like a tourist with one of those…and that can be ok. I prefer a purse and my Baggalini is really light weight. No specific rec as I just randomly picked one atTJ Maxx

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

Twin Mom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I usually use my MZ Wallace Micro Sutton when I travel since I like a crossbody bag that can also hold my sunglasses. It’s also very light. I think the lulu belt bag is too small for sunglasses in a case. I actually carry the mzw bag most of the time now since I don’t need much.

https://www.mzwallace.com/products/b...c-micro-sutton
    Mom to b/g twins (g in college, b working)

People show themselves not by what they say but by what they do

Our happiness or our unhappiness depends far more on the way we meet the events of life than on the nature of those events themselves. -- Wilhelm von Humboldt

AmyZ is offline Gold level (500+ posts)

https://www.travelfashiongirl.com/ This website is great, and there is a corresponding FB group that is a wealth of information.
    Our string quartet is complete

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Twin Mom View Post
    I usually use my MZ Wallace Micro Sutton when I travel since I like a crossbody bag that can also hold my sunglasses. It’s also very light. I think the lulu belt bag is too small for sunglasses in a case. I actually carry the mzw bag most of the time now since I don’t need much.

https://www.mzwallace.com/products/b...c-micro-sutton
    Dd1 gets her slim RayBans glasses case in the LuLulemon bag without any issues. The Lululemon festival bag at holds my large sunglasses case with no problem but isn’t the right shape for a water bottle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

So after I saw this post, I ordered another Kipling Annie crossbody.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It's nylon, so it's lightweight and it's roomy without being too big. A water bottle might work depending on what else is inside.

I bought my first one (navy with a floral print) at the beginning of the pandemic when they were warning against putting handbags in carts. I liked it so much, I carried it for a full year before switching back to my Coach shoulder bag. I have two plane trips coming up next month -- one for spring break and one for business -- and your post reminded me that I don't want to haul my Coach around. lol I got the new one because the solid color will go with more outfits when I'm traveling.
    DS: Raising heck since 12/09

jgenie is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I used a Fjallraven backpack for our spring break trip to Europe. I clipped the zippers together when we were in crowded spots. Lots of people had small backpacks instead of purses. I don’t think the gold zippers will draw attention to your bag. If you really like the style of your bag, there isvan option with silver zippers.

arivecchi is online now Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

I used two lululemon bags all over Europe and they were perfect. I had a black sherpa one and a tan one to match my outfits.

To travel there I had the large MZ Wallace metro tote and I used that at times as well as it had a cross body strap.

Tan bag

This one but in black
    Last edited by arivecchi; 03-28-2023 at 06:32 PM.
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by AmyZ View Post
    https://www.travelfashiongirl.com/ This website is great, and there is a corresponding FB group that is a wealth of information.
    ITA this is a great website. She has so many suggestions for links and shortcuts. Her suggestions made traveling carryon all over France possible for this family of 6 a few years ago.

As for the travel bag thoughts, I have the Amazon knock off Lululemon belt bag and I love it. I used it for our recent trip to Disney World and Universal Studios and never had to take it off. I fit my tiny wallet, phone, extra charger bank, car keys and Avi-Q (which is a smaller Epi-pen). It all fit like a dream and the belt bag was comfortable to wear. I plan ti wear that while traveling in Rome and France this summer along with my packable backpack which is a good size for a couple water bottles, sun glasses, etc. https://www.nordstrom.com/s/longcham...ults&color=001

We are traveling carry-on to Rome and then driving up to France this summer and my plan is to wear the belt bag AND the le Pliage backpack for day trips.
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast