Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

I have a black Tumi cross body that I've worn all over Europe several times. It fits everything I need and always feels secure enough since I can hold it in crowds. DH carries a daypack when needed. After numerous international trips where I'm going to stand out one way or another, I try so I don't feel awkward but don't care nearly as much about my look. Do what works. And I think your DH is thinking entirely too much about these details. Pay attention to your surroundings and hang on to your stuff.
    Mom to Two Wild and Crazy Boys and One Sweet Baby Girl

gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by carolinamama View Post
    And I think your DH is thinking entirely too much about these details. Pay attention to your surroundings and hang on to your stuff.
    ITA. No one in Europe is going to look twice at those zippers. There are plenty of details to obsess about on your trip but that’s not one of them.
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

acmom is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I have the larger Lululemon bag and really like it! I bought the smaller one originally but it didn't fit my youngest's epipen/inhaler pack. So I gave that one to my older DD and bought the larger one which is perfect for me and holds more than you would think!

https://shop.lululemon.com/p/bags/Ev...382&sz=ONESIZE

smilequeen is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I like this bag from Lululemon, although I haven’t traveled with it yet. I use it for events where I don’t want my leather bag to get wet/scratched/etc.

https://shop.lululemon.com/p/bags/Al...393&sz=ONESIZE

I have a belt bag from athleta (not on their site anymore) and one from Rothys that are good too. The Rothy’s one is a bit overpriced though IMO

https://rothys.com/products/the-belt-bag-navy-fog
    Mama to my boys (04,07,11)

Kindra178 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Lo and Sons Waverly (large or small) is a nice cross body that can be modified to be worn as a wristlet or Fanny pack or traditional cross body bag. I just took it on a week long work trip. I really loved how versatile it is. I have the small but wish I had the large. It has built in credit card slots and can fit your passport and cc.

Another rec for the lulu large belt bag. It’s slightly bigger and allows for more things, especially for overseas travel. It’s out in a lot of colors now and may grab a black or cream.

The Lo Waverly is more expensive but really is a classic piece. I have a random color but will likely invest in black to have for years.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

Jeanne is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Baggallini is the most versatile for me when I have to go into it constantly for my phone or cash. It's convertible and with many color options is you don't want standard black. They have frequent sales too.

https://www.baggallini.com/triple-zi...RZ419-BGR.html

marinkitty is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I think your existing bag is totally fine. If you want something more low key the Lulu or the Amazon knock off would be great. I can fit sunglasses, wallet, phone, lip balm, pen and keys in mine easily. I usually wear mine cross body unless I really want it around my waist for a more strenuous activity where I don't want it bumping around. I've been using a belt bag for travel for the past couple of years - I have a couple that I switch between and I love that I can also throw it into a bigger bag if I need a tote or backpack with me.

bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Thank you so much for all the recommendations! I saw multiple bags that I'm interested in. I'm seriously considering either just using the gold zippered fanny pack or else ordering the lulu or dupe...but something one of you said about a water bottle made me think maybe I DO want one slightly bigger? We have multiple days that we'll be going nonstop. I'm realizing that I'm basing the amount I carry with me on my current schedule and I keep my water bottle in the car.

I used to have the most perfect backpack that worked for all my storage needs. It was a small backpack large enough to fit a magazine or notebook but small enough to be light and pack away small. But I don't think a backpack will work for Europe. I do want it to be in front and under my arm, a la a cross body. I'm starting to look twice at the festival back from Lulu. Did you guys say a water bottle would fit in it? I might order one and see if it would work. Thank you for all your replies!

boilermakermom is offline Bargain Alerts forum moderator

I use the Festival Bag from Lulu as a daily bag. It's great for everyday, it's light and holds everything I need. Anything bigger and I end up with everyone's stuff.

My only complaint is that I can't fit a water bottle in it. I had a Baggelini that had spots on each end (Where the strap meets the bag) for a water bottle. I loved that for travel days.

If a wate rbottle pocket is a must, check out Baggelini or Kipling.

The belt and gold belt bag you posted looks super cute. I wouldn't worry about the gold hardware. I see gold hardware on belt bags/bags all over.

jgenie is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Remember that bathrooms at cafes and restaurants are often for customers only. We would buy a couple bottles of water then were able to use the bathrooms. You might do better that way than carrying a reusable water bottle. I’m die hard have my own bottle but it’s easier not having to keep track of one when traveling.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast