Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    squimp is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

For me an important thing about a travel bag is that you are comfortable with it! I am more likely to lose things when I switch to a different bag that has the pockets in the wrong place, etc. For travel, I like backpacks I can lock and that have RFID, I have a new Baggalini I'm going to try this summer.

But for a little fanny pack the one you have seems fine, although I sometimes wear it across my chest and prefer something a little less square and more streamlined.
    https://www.amazon.com/KAVU-Womens-S.../dp/B071ZBFVVZ

KpbS is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

This is what I like. I bought it for a trip and liked it so much I carried it for two years.

Not too heavy if you don't overfill it. Plenty of room and pockets with a side pocket for a waterbottle.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...e?ie=UTF8&th=1
    K

bisous is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by boilermakermom View Post
    I use the Festival Bag from Lulu as a daily bag. It's great for everyday, it's light and holds everything I need. Anything bigger and I end up with everyone's stuff.

My only complaint is that I can't fit a water bottle in it. I had a Baggelini that had spots on each end (Where the strap meets the bag) for a water bottle. I loved that for travel days.

If a wate rbottle pocket is a must, check out Baggelini or Kipling.

The belt and gold belt bag you posted looks super cute. I wouldn't worry about the gold hardware. I see gold hardware on belt bags/bags all over.
    Good to know about the festival bag!

BTW, I searched amazon and found this festival bag...with gold zippers, haha. Maybe I should punk DH and just buy it? Just kidding!

https://www.amazon.com/Lululemon-Nig...s%2C163&sr=8-4

bisous is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by KpbS View Post
    This is what I like. I bought it for a trip and liked it so much I carried it for two years.

Not too heavy if you don't overfill it. Plenty of room and pockets with a side pocket for a waterbottle.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...e?ie=UTF8&th=1
    Do you carry this in front? All the pics are of someone with it on their backs. I do like the size and in normal circumstances rather prefer a backpack! But DH is (clearly) very worried about theft so none of my smaller backpacks will work!

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by boilermakermom View Post
    I use the Festival Bag from Lulu as a daily bag. It's great for everyday, it's light and holds everything I need. Anything bigger and I end up with everyone's stuff.

My only complaint is that I can't fit a water bottle in it. I had a Baggelini that had spots on each end (Where the strap meets the bag) for a water bottle. I loved that for travel days.

If a wate rbottle pocket is a must, check out Baggelini or Kipling.

The belt and gold belt bag you posted looks super cute. I wouldn't worry about the gold hardware. I see gold hardware on belt bags/bags all over.
    Yes my only complaint about the Fesitival bag is I wish it had space for a reusable slim water bottle like a Swell. I tried it on our recent trip and it was just too awkward. The fact that a water bottle fits in the Sak bag I already have gives it the slight edge on the Lululemon bag .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I love the standard lululemon bag. Both my DDs and I have one and we all use it a ton. I'm bringing mine to Disney next week. Holds iPhone, small card/id case, hand sanitizer, lipstick/chapstick, sunglasses (no case), and still room to spare.

For when I want something a bit bigger to hold water (bottled or refillable), a light sweater or tourist purchases/brochures, then I LOVE this crossbody/sling style backpack from Eddie Bauer. I took this to Disney last year when we still needed masks for Disney buses, had water bottles because it was 100 degrees, ponchos, etc. It rolls up to tiny so easy to pack inside another bag/luggage to have just in case. It has many different zipper compartments, even inside, to keep valuables safe, and your phone fits in the pocket in front so no one can easily steal your phone. A "Swell" size water bottle easily fits in the exterior elastic pocket and stays firmly in place (even after on and off a million times at Disney). You can also change which side the strap clips to so that you can wear it on either shoulder. On sale right now for $22.50
    https://www.eddiebauer.com/p/8230023...SIZE&sizeType=
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

mom2binsd is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

bisous, the one you linked from Amazon, it sure looks like silver hardware even though it says gold. I sort of get what your DH is saying about the gold zipper, for some reason it just stands out more (and I only buy stuff with silver hardware, but that's just me) I think the regular or larger lululemon (or the Amazon knockoff) work great. I don't worry about putting a water bottle in a bag, as I always carry one and I wouldn't be bringing a reusable one like a Swell on a trip to Europe, I'd be buying plastic over there.

I would also look at small backpack, I love the Fjallraven ones (I carried a regular one of those back in 1986 when I lived in Denmark).

Maybe have you DH carry your passports if you are out and about, and any money if he's so worried. He can use a extra secure/double locked fanny pack on his stomach (and pick out one with gold zippers though )

anonomom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I have a Sash bag and really like it. It's meant to sit really comfortably on your hip and stay snug across your body. It's not going to fit a water bottle, but it fits a small wallet, sunglasses, lip balm, keys, etc. -- anything you need to walk around for a day. Pretty sure I learned about the brand here, like five years ago. I got the bag back then and have been using it as my main bag ever since.
    DC1 -- 2005 DD -- 2009 DS -- 2011

mom2binsd is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by anonomom View Post
    I have a Sash bag and really like it. It's meant to sit really comfortably on your hip and stay snug across your body. It's not going to fit a water bottle, but it fits a small wallet, sunglasses, lip balm, keys, etc. -- anything you need to walk around for a day. Pretty sure I learned about the brand here, like five years ago. I got the bag back then and have been using it as my main bag ever since.
    There was a boardie who recommended them, I think she was a fashion blogger, but I haven't seen her post in awhile.

KpbS is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by bisous View Post
    Do you carry this in front? All the pics are of someone with it on their backs. I do like the size and in normal circumstances rather prefer a backpack! But DH is (clearly) very worried about theft so none of my smaller backpacks will work!
    No, I wear it over my shoulder or crossbody over the shoulder.
    I agree with pp that you could have your DH carry the passports if he preferred. Or you could have yours in an interior pocket where they would have to steal your bag to get at anything, kwim?
    K

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast