Default New Disney Tips?

Not much action in this area but maybe someone has been recently. I thought our Disney days were over but with DS2 having a showcase in Orlando and the rest of us wanting something to do over spring break, we are heading to WDW next week. I've bought tickets and have reservations. We are doing Hollywood Studios and Magic Kingdom. Now I need to plan and am trying to figure out how to ride the more in-demand rides. Of course we will be there during one of the busiest times.

I've got all our tickets and such on my phone. Can I share everything with my boys and DH so they don't have to stay with me all the time? And can two of us try to book rides with Genie+ at the same time? I'm sure there are more intricacies but these are the questions I've tried to figure out so far. Any advice welcome!
    Mom to Two Wild and Crazy Boys and One Sweet Baby Girl

Liziz is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

We just went at the end of January.

1) Yes, you absolutely can share everything with your boys and DH. If everyone has a phone, have them all download the app. You can invite and link family members, but DH and I found it easiest to both use my account (so we both logged in to my account on our phones). I think your only consideration would be if you want your boys to have access to your payment information.

2) Yes, multiple people can attempt to try to book rides with Genie+ at the same time -- the person who succeeds first will get the reservation, and the person who doesn't will just get an error message saying you can't book another experience for another 2 hours. The same is true for virtual queues (if you're doing MK and HS only this will apply to Tron in the Magic Kingdom for you) -- for that virtual queue I'd honestly have every capable person attempt it as the competition is fierce.

If you haven't used the Genie+ system before, I highly recommend that you read up on the intricacies of it -- I invested quite a bit of time into research before the trip and I felt like it paid off for us. This article gives a ton of good info, and the blog it's a part of has *tons* of information and details, I definitely recommend reading a lot of what he has posted. https://www.disneytouristblog.com/li...rld-faq-guide/

ETA: If you have interest in riding Tron, *make sure* you do your homework and understand how to use the virtual queue (again the blog I linked above has great info). It's literally a game of milliseconds, and understanding it well will really improve your shot at getting a chance to ride it.

If you have other specific questions about our recent trip or experience, just let me know!
    Last edited by Liziz; 04-01-2023 at 04:20 PM.
    Lizi

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

We would have one phone going with getting a Genie+ and one with a paid ILL right at 7. That worked perfectly. Sorry you’ll miss the best ride ever though- Cosmic Rewind! It was so good that I paid for it on back to back days (failed at the VQ).
    Onsite guest bonus time/ morning plus afternoon ride stacking was good for us.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains