Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Thanks, everyone! Yesterday (day 4) was AWFUL but today I feel quite a bit better. The sore throat is still REALLY SORE but not excruciating like it was yesterday. Still running a slight fever but I was at least able to get out of bed and do some laundry, etc. Yay! The bad news is I can tell this cough is gonna be a b*tch. Already not able to sleep because of it, can barely complete a sentence.

Now I need to whine about DH who just can't seem to handle "extra" on his plate, never mind that those "extras" are things I do every single day, like make dinner. Grocery shop. Walk the dogs. Laundry. etc. He was fine for the first couple of days but now he is CRANKY and I am ANNOYED. I hope for this reason that I never develop a serious health issue. Sigh. Dude, it's a few days. Step up cheerfully.
    Last edited by twowhat?; 04-02-2023 at 07:11 PM.

Glad you are feeling slightly better today. Sorry it hit you so hard. My DH also can’t handle picking up the slack when I’m sick.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

Twoboos is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

So glad you're feeling better!! If it's anything like what I went through you are well within your rights to whine. That's the sore throat I had with covid in Feb 2022. I would cry every time I would cough or sneeze. I actually thought I had swallowed glass. I ended up sleeping with throat lozenges in my mouth - it was horrible.

Now your DH on the other hand - that deserves more than a whine lol. I hope he gets himself together!!
    "Every mother needs a wife." - Amy Poehler, Yes Please

doberbrat is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I'm so sorry - I hope you continue to improve. I keep liquid tylenol (for adults) on hand - AMZ sells it so if you still need it you could do next day delivery.
    dd1 10/05
    dd2 11/09
    and ... a mini poodle!

hbridge is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

My DC gets severe recurring sore throats. They last 3 to 6 days and they cannot talk or really eat when they occur.

When the flares occur, DC swears by ramen, tea with honey, milk and vanilla ice cream (only vanilla). They cannot really eat much else. Hope you find some relief soon.

Tenasparkl is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

This stuff is pretty amazing for a sore throat
    https://www.amazon.com/Herbs-Singers...%2C1365&sr=8-6

Also yogi throat comfort tea, oregano oil and that amazing vick's vaporizer steam mask thing are pretty helpful too. We all just had sore throats and coughs, and my daughter's voice teacher gave us so many good recommendations for sore throats and getting your voice back. These all helped A LOT.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2