Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default Worst sore throat of my LIFE

OMG I am miserable. I'm on day 4 of covid. I started taking paxlovid late day 3. I'm so glad the doctor encouraged it during my friday virtual appt and he left it up to me and I decided to go ahead because who knows how this is gonna progress over the weekend. I'm still running a 102 fever but the worst part is the sore throat and all the swelling going on in my upper airway/trachea neck area, it hurts so bad. It took me an HOUR to mentally will myself to force down my morning 3 paxlovid pills with warm water and honey and I just woke up from another nap and now I'm trying to force down some ibuprofen and food...hoping the ibuprofen helps with the pain a bit. Every swallow hurts like a hot burning knife. Even talking hurts.

And YES, I am WHINING! I ALWAYS had a gut feeling that I'd get really sick when I caught covid and here I am. Really sick.

sariana is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

FWIW acetaminophen (Tylenol) helped me a lot when I had Covid. Usually I don't take it because it doesn't help much (I usually take Advil), but with Covid it did. Maybe children's liquid would be easier to take?

I hope you feel better soon. Covid was miserable for me!
    DS '04 "Boogaboo"
    DD '08 "Lilybear"

PunkyBoo is online now Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I had the same when I had covid in August, even with paxlovid. It was miserable! I was crying constantly from pain. I got a very tiny bit of relief from the propolis spray from Trader Joe's. I hope you feel better soon!

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Mama to DS1 Punkin (2/04) and DS2 Boo (1/09)

Gracemom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Do lozenges help at all? When I was on Paxlovid they helped with the awful taste and the sore throat. And definitely take painkillers around the clock.

Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry. It's crazy how people's bodies all react so differently to this virus. I hope the Paxlovid kicks in soon, and that you get relief ASAP!
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Yikes, so sorry!! That sounds miserable. Hope you start feeling better ASAP!

Quote Originally Posted by wencit View Post
    Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry. It's crazy how people's bodies all react so differently to this virus. I hope the Paxlovid kicks in soon, and that you get relief ASAP!
    Yes to this! In my case the worst was the awful headache on Day2 and chills (though i never actually got a fever above 99). I got Paxlovid pretty quickly which probably helped - though those tablets tasted SO GROSS!!! Omg even hours later I still felt it was tasting so bad.

I feel like COVID cases are really popping up these past couple weeks. I know several people personally who are getting COVID now, some for the second time. It is like never ending!

feel better OP!

essnce629 is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I'm so sorry, I hope you turn the corner soon. I'd try gargling with warm salt water several times a day.

Sent from my SM-A526U1 using Tapatalk
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

I'm sorry it's hitting you so hard. Throat lozenges and ibuprofen were extremely helpful when I had Covid. Hope the Paxlovid kicks in and you are feeling better soon.
    Mom to Two Wild and Crazy Boys and One Sweet Baby Girl

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Whine away; you don't feel well & we're a safe spot to vent.

I'm so sorry to hear you have the worst kind of sore throat and hope it clears up soon.
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

PZMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I’m sorry. I found Tylenol worked better against the horrible sore throat from Covid compared to advil. I had it before paxlovid, and found day 5 or 6 was when I felt I turned the corner. I had a lingering cough for a long time, but by day 6 felt relatively better. I hope you start to feel better!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast