Default I'm Over School Vacation Week

The kids have been off of school all week (and last Friday). I made plans for making sure they both had a place to be all of those days. It included DH watching DD part of last Friday while I took DS to an appointment, entertaining her for a few hours Monday morning, and being in charge of the kids today. He is in school part time and working part time, but is almost always home Monday mornings and all ay Friday.

Today it is 88 degrees outside. He was going to take them to the playground. He picked one with zero shade and told DD it was fine if she wore long pants and long sleeves. I handed him shorts/short sleeve shirt to take in case she got hot and wanted to change. He said "It's not that hot, we won't be there that long, let her wear whatever she wants". I put her hair in a pony tail and changed her into the short sleeve shirt before they left. They came back after not very long, and he complained about how hot it was...

Then DS went downstairs to play minecraft and DD wanted to play Mario. Which is all totally fine. Except DH and DD plopped down on the bed in the guest room (which is the same room as MY OFFICE THAT I WAS WORKING IN) to talk and play Mario. When I unplugged my computer from my monitor and left the room he said "Oh, were we bothering you?" OMG!! We have a den, a living room, a dining room, and 3 other bedrooms besides the one I was trying to work in. What was he thinking?? I said "Yes, quite a bit" and am now working in DS's bedroom because that's where there is another desk and a door I can close. But just with my laptop, not my monitor, keyboard, or mouse which are nicely set up downstairs in my office.

Ugh!

Ok, I'm also grumpy because a proposal that I sent in for work just got sent back to me because the people who were supposed to review it (at the third step -- it already passed the first two committees) didn't bother to realize it's already an approved general education class and I'm not changing that part so I'm not required to submit all of that stuff again with the proposal. I'm wasting time while I wait for what I hope will be a quick reply to the last round of emails I just sent out about that.

Edit: They looked at my proposals again and saw what they had read incorrectly and I do not have to change them.
    Last edited by gymnbomb; 04-14-2023 at 02:35 PM.
    DS 2/14
    DD 8/17

gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I hope this week is going better for you. The class proposal thing is the type of thing I tear my hair out over. I mean, you put in all that effort and they can't be bothered to read it carefully?? I'm glad they finally figured it out for you.
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.