Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default Whatcha wearing this summer?

We've had such a cold rainy spring I've been getting away with wearing my winter clothes but it got up to 80 today so ....here we go. I'm feeling like I'd like to spruce things up a bit I kind of decided at the end of last year I hated all my summer clothes, which are mostly from 2018 I think. Find anything fun recently?
    ~ Dawn
    Our little monkey (4/2011) & his early holiday present 12/12

erosenst is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Not sure what your style is - but seeing what women are wearing in Florida this winter / spring it's a lot more dresses than even a couple years ago. I've worn variations of this swing dress for a few years. This brand fits me well, but there are a zillion others. The one I linked is the pattern that gets by far the most compliments - even though I don't think it's my favorite. You can also search Amazon for similar sleeveless versions. I like that they don't wrinkle, have pockets, and have enough 'swing' that I can sit comfortably anywhere.

The other thing I've seen a lot are skorts - think very slightly elevated golf skirts. I like this one as it's a bit longer without being too long/matronly. It also has pockets that fit my phone, and the shorts underneath are comfortable. They have shorter versions if your legs are in better shape/you're younger than I am! They run true to size except the black one which is inexplicably much smaller (I've ordered it twice - two different years - same result). This brand has another style that's not for me - the pockets don't hold a phone, the construction is odd, and the fabric is different - so be a bit careful.

If I were less well-endowed, and the size I was 10-15 years ago, I'd be gravitating to the athletic dresses with sewn in bras - they've come a long way. They never would have fit me but I do think look nice on most.

Looking forward to seeing what others share!

AnnieW625 is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default Whatcha wearing this summer?

I am in the same boat as the OP! Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

I can’t do swing dresses like the one posted because they don’t have enough shape.

I have a bunch of Colorado Clothing Company skorts (sadly the brand is now defunct) but I love them for hot days running errands.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by AnnieW625; 04-24-2023 at 03:04 PM.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

essnce629 is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Not fun, but I'm in Los Angeles and I'm just in shorts and t-shirts once it gets hot (it was over 90 degrees here a few days ago). Most of my tees are from Madewell, Caslon, and Boden. I'm never in skirts/dresses.

Sent from my SM-A526U1 using Tapatalk
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Still Athleta skorts and tanks- both are on sale today.
    Last year I did more shorts. Then I saw a picture of me in the shorts and (at least that pair) was nowhere near as flattering as my skorts are.
    I’m looking to add more skirts to my mix. I used to love those old Old Navy fold over skirts. Easy to wear and looked good for normal day to day stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    Still Athleta skorts and tanks- both are on sale today.
    Last year I did more shorts. Then I saw a picture of me in the shorts and (at least that pair) was nowhere near as flattering as my skorts are.
    I’m looking to add more skirts to my mix. I used to love those old Old Navy fold over skirts. Easy to wear and looked good for normal day to day stuff.

Which tanks do you like? Link please?

Quote Originally Posted by jgenie View Post
    Which tanks do you like? Link please?
    Still looking. Last year I gravitated towards workout tanks (no special ones)

I ended up buying a few things yesterday, we'll see if any of it works out:

I got this in black last fall and love it so bought in both greys
    https://www.nordstrom.com/s/nordstro...-shirt/5727242

https://www.nordstrom.com/s/loveappe...ck-top/5867593

Boden was doing 25% last night so I got a couple dresses (I'm hoping the mini will be knee length on me since I only 5'2") and a top:
    https://www.bodenusa.com/en-us/bias-...ress/sty-d0580
    https://www.bodenusa.com/en-us/knot-.../sty-d0445-blchttps://www.bodenusa.com/en-us/knot-.../sty-d0445-blc
    https://www.bodenusa.com/en-us/yoke-...hirt/sty-t1248

I'm still struggling with the shorts/bottoms issue but as I was looking around I remember a few things I don't hate that are packed away so I decided to not buy anything else til I pull those out. Maybe just having a few new tops will be enough. I had a few skorts a few years ago that I liked how they looked but in the end gave away after a couple of seasons b/c ironically the quality - the fabric was just too heavy of a cotton and having double layers was a too much. But I may have a couple 'sportier' type.

This has been my problem with my summer wardrobe - the last few years I think I look ok in front of my mirror but then I catch my reflection and oh dear. It's less an issue in the winter but in the summer, ugh. I just would like to feel like I don't look too frumpy even when I haven't made too much of an effort/am just bumming around.

If I were less well-endowed, and the size I was 10-15 years ago, I'd be gravitating to the athletic dresses with sewn in bras - they've come a long way. They never would have fit me but I do think look nice on most.
    I know what you mean, these always look so cute in the photos but until they start sewing serious support into them they aren't going to work for me.
    ~ Dawn
    Our little monkey (4/2011) & his early holiday present 12/12

PunkyBoo is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I really don't like shorts. I hate that shorts for women/girls are SO short but longer ones tend to look frumpy. I hate that they ride up so much when you sit and expose so much skin, requiring more sunscreen, hitting the hot car seat, etc. I wear a lot of easy dresses, especially since it's fashionable to wear them with sneakers. This is a favorite I got last summer, which was the first thing I thought of wearing last week when it was 87 degrees all of a sudden. I like that it shows a waistline but the pattern distracts from flaws.
    Limited-time deal: Simier Fariry Womens Hide Belly Work Casual Midi Dresses with Pockets https://a.co/d/4WdLE4l
    I honestly NEVER see women wearing skorts here except at the tennis courts. Most women I see are in athleisure all the time, and that's just not my style. I still love the full leg cropped pants I got at old navy last summer, and a pair of olive green cropped cargo pants with a tie waist belt from old navy last month- I wear these with bright, pretty colored tees. I'm loving all the bright colors out right now, after the coldest, wettest winter we've ever had in my lifetime in southern California.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Mama to DS1 Punkin (2/04) and DS2 Boo (1/09)

Quote Originally Posted by PunkyBoo View Post
    I really don't like shorts. I hate that shorts for women/girls are SO short but longer ones tend to look frumpy. I hate that they ride up so much when you sit and expose so much skin, requiring more sunscreen, hitting the hot car seat, etc. I wear a lot of easy dresses, especially since it's fashionable to wear them with sneakers. This is a favorite I got last summer, which was the first thing I thought of wearing last week when it was 87 degrees all of a sudden. I like that it shows a waistline but the pattern distracts from flaws.
    Limited-time deal: Simier Fariry Womens Hide Belly Work Casual Midi Dresses with Pockets https://a.co/d/4WdLE4l
    I honestly NEVER see women wearing skorts here except at the tennis courts. Most women I see are in athleisure all the time, and that's just not my style. I still love the full leg cropped pants I got at old navy last summer, and a pair of olive green cropped cargo pants with a tie waist belt from old navy last month- I wear these with bright, pretty colored tees. I'm loving all the bright colors out right now, after the coldest, wettest winter we've ever had in my lifetime in southern California.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk
    I don’t see a ton of skorts either but I know the So Cal posters have made it clear in the past that they don’t pass fashion muster out there. That’s ok. I have 3 of these and feel like they look like a skirt https://athleta.gap.com/browse/produ...p-page-content

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast