Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 41
  1. #11
    SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    .
    Posts
    47,741

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by echoesofspring View Post
    I ended up buying a few things yesterday, we'll see if any of it works out:

    I got this in black last fall and love it so bought in both greys
    https://www.nordstrom.com/s/nordstro...-shirt/5727242

    https://www.nordstrom.com/s/loveappe...ck-top/5867593

    Boden was doing 25% last night so I got a couple dresses (I'm hoping the mini will be knee length on me since I only 5'2") and a top:
    https://www.bodenusa.com/en-us/bias-...ress/sty-d0580
    https://www.bodenusa.com/en-us/knot-.../sty-d0445-blchttps://www.bodenusa.com/en-us/knot-.../sty-d0445-blc
    https://www.bodenusa.com/en-us/yoke-...hirt/sty-t1248

    I'm still struggling with the shorts/bottoms issue but as I was looking around I remember a few things I don't hate that are packed away so I decided to not buy anything else til I pull those out. Maybe just having a few new tops will be enough. I had a few skorts a few years ago that I liked how they looked but in the end gave away after a couple of seasons b/c ironically the quality - the fabric was just too heavy of a cotton and having double layers was a too much. But I may have a couple 'sportier' type.


    This has been my problem with my summer wardrobe - the last few years I think I look ok in front of my mirror but then I catch my reflection and oh dear. It's less an issue in the winter but in the summer, ugh. I just would like to feel like I don't look too frumpy even when I haven't made too much of an effort/am just bumming around.


    I know what you mean, these always look so cute in the photos but until they start sewing serious support into them they aren't going to work for me.
    A lotf of your Boden stuff looks like pieces I have bought at Loft. Keep your eyes peeled there- they have really good sales.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    .
    Posts
    9,768

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    I don’t see a ton of skorts either but I know the So Cal posters have made it clear in the past that they don’t pass fashion muster out there. That’s ok. I have 3 of these and feel like they look like a skirt https://athleta.gap.com/browse/produ...p-page-content


    Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains
    That one looks frumpy on me. I have the Run with It skort in fuscia (from last year and I just ordered one in. Lack) that is super cute and a discontinued style of another skort.

    https://athleta.gap.com/browse/produ...p-page-content


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

  3. #13
    SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    .
    Posts
    47,741

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by georgiegirl View Post
    That one looks frumpy on me. I have the Run with It skort in fuscia (from last year and I just ordered one in. Lack) that is super cute and a discontinued style of another skort.

    https://athleta.gap.com/browse/produ...p-page-content


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I had just put the Run with It in my cart and was reading reviews. Glad you like it.

  4. #14
    Tenasparkl is online now Emerald level (3000+ posts)
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    3,036

    Default

    I don't love shorts either (and can't wear them to work), but always have a few pairs in case I really need them. I like linen everything in the summer - linen blend t-shirts, wide leg linen pants etc.
    For dresses, I love the Hill House Home nap dresses.

  5. #15
    elektra's Avatar
    elektra is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    11,123

    Default

    I'm now fully embracing the sporty side of myself. I've tried to wear casual dresses and I love the look of some of the flowy patterned shapeless ones I see on Instagram but it's just practical and comfortable for me to wear shorts and t's and there are a lot of options now.
    I'll be in Lulu or Athleta shorts, complemented with some of the cheaper Nordstrom Rack random brand shorts I found last year, tanks and t's. Flip flops or birks or tennis shoes. Nobody will be calling me stylish. Just keeping it real.
    DD
    DS

  6. #16
    jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    13,249

    Default

    I live in skorts all summer. I love the Tek Gear skorts from Kohls. I have some Athleta skorts but only reach for those when my Tek Gear skorts are dirty. I am in desperate need of ideas for shirts. I gravitate to buying tshirts but they don’t do me any favors. I need feminine tops that work for skorts, jeans, etc.
    Last edited by jgenie; 04-24-2023 at 08:47 PM.

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    4,477

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by elektra View Post
    I'm now fully embracing the sporty side of myself. I've tried to wear casual dresses and I love the look of some of the flowy patterned shapeless ones I see on Instagram but it's just practical and comfortable for me to wear shorts and t's and there are a lot of options now.
    I'll be in Lulu or Athleta shorts, complemented with some of the cheaper Nordstrom Rack random brand shorts I found last year, tanks and t's. Flip flops or birks or tennis shoes. Nobody will be calling me stylish. Just keeping it real.
    I'm very comfortable/casual in the summer. Shorts or capris, tank or t-shirt, flip flops or athletic shoes. I'm usually either at home or at a beach/playground/etc. with my kids. Even if I were hanging out with my friends I would pull out a slightly nicer tank and probably capris and would fit right in!
    DS 2/14
    DD 8/17

  8. #18
    erosenst is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    .
    Posts
    2,564

    Default

    Fun reading through this - and definitely agree that a lot is regional. One slight clarification (maybe) - the skorts some of us are talking about are 'skirts with shorts built in' not the old "skirt in front/shorts in back". The material is rarely structured/cotton - it's more 'workout top material'/lightweight and flowy even in straighter styles.

  9. #19
    elektra's Avatar
    elektra is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    11,123

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by erosenst View Post
    Fun reading through this - and definitely agree that a lot is regional. One slight clarification (maybe) - the skorts some of us are talking about are 'skirts with shorts built in' not the old "skirt in front/shorts in back". The material is rarely structured/cotton - it's more 'workout top material'/lightweight and flowy even in straighter styles.
    Pickleball is so popular coast to coast now, and I think that could be a reason why skorts ,or basically tennis skirts which you are describing, are going strong still. Around here I only see women in tennis skirts coming or going from the courts. DD plays tennis and I think the look is adorable. I saw Vuori just came out with a tennis skirt too. And I forgot to mention Vuori. That has been my uniform all winter and spring- Vuori joggers and I will be breaking out my one pair of Vuori shorts and maybe buying one more pair for summer since I'm obsessed.
    And for me personally, unless I was on a tennis court, I would feel ridiculous in a tennis skirt just walking around. To ME it would feel like wearing baseball pants in public, or a speedo at the beach (again, people do this and you do you!) instead of changing clothes after playing.
    DD
    DS

  10. #20
    SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    .
    Posts
    47,741

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by elektra View Post
    And for me personally, unless I was on a tennis court, I would feel ridiculous in a tennis skirt just walking around. To ME it would feel like wearing baseball pants in public, or a speedo at the beach (again, people do this and you do you!) instead of changing clothes after playing.
    It’s so interesting that you associate skorts as solely sporty. I do think of this one as more of an on the court style https://athleta.gap.com/browse/produ...p-page-content
    But the other type, including the Vuori? Just every day wear.
    That probably then circles to the always contentious “leggings as pants or when not actively exercising” debate. People tend to have firm concepts of what is ok and not.


    Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •