Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default Time for a conversation about high waisted jeans! Do you wear them? How?

What do you guys think about high waisted jeans?

I like the look of the new high waisted pants. On other people. But not on me. I mostly like my body at this point in my life. I lost all of my baby weight a few years back and I've mostly kept it off. Except in the past three years I've gained around the middle. And in a completely different way than when I gained weight with my babies! Post-partum I mostly had weight to lose on the sides. Think "muffin top" lol. The new weight is in the front. I have a pouchy belly. I always had a little bit of a pouch, that's what 4 c-sections will do, but it is MUCH more pronounced than it ever was before. From what I've read, this is normal for women of my age (I'm 47).

I exercise five days a week. I'm back to lifting and to walking. I also try really hard to eat in a way that my glucose levels are even. I count calories loosely but also try to eat when I'm hungry. I feel great. I like my body except for that pouch. I'm still trying to lose it, but I'm not going to kill myself over it!

BUT, dang if it looks just terrible in the current pants styles! High waisted pants with tucked in shirts are just such an unattractive look on me right now. I'm a little sad because jeans and a t-shirt are my total mom uniform. These days I've been wearing untucked blouses and high waist jeans. And it's an ok look. I've been trying a side tuck to give a little more waist definition.

I also wear dresses a lot! I like dresses but with dresses I feel the need to not wear the same thing every day, lol. You can get by with less variety when you wear jeans.

Anyway, wondering if you have found any great hacks for high waisted pants? Are there certain brands that are magically for "keeping it all in"? Do you just ignore trends and wear what works for you? I have admittedly only tried Old Navy jeans!

Would love to hear what is working for you!

nfceagles is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I’ve heard high waisted are on the way out and low waists are making a come back. Even better with a pouch, right??? I don’t like high waisted because I find them uncomfortable. I have a very short torso so the waist band ends up around my rib cage. If I tucked a shirt in, I’d have my boobs sitting on my waist band. Ugh! No idea what too wear. Are we too young to move to the elastic waist pants I buy for my grandma?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

essnce629 is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

All my jeans are high waisted and have been for a few years now. I pretty much only wear Levi's since I'm too lazy to find other brands I like. My current faves are Levi's Wedgie Icon Fit, Ribcage Straight Ankle, and High Loose. My mom uniform is also jeans and a t-shirt. I just front tuck my tee. I have a super long torso, so don't find high waist uncomfortable.

Sent from my SM-A526U1 using Tapatalk
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

I hate high-waisted pants. I don't care what anyone else says or what the trends are. I will keep wearing my skinny pants with my mid-waist, the danskin leggings from Costco, and dress pants with an elastic waist. My current faves are the Brooklyn pants from Athleta, and the Hillary Radley pants from Costco. I've been wearing scrubs to work for so many years that I refuse to wear anything that doesn't feel like pajamas, lol.

Liziz is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Count me into the "I hate high waisted pants" crowd. I find them super uncomfortable, and also don't find them very flattering. I've just ignored the trend and stuck with the styles that make me feel good!
    Lizi

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Rises always bite me in the butt. Low rise is too low; high rise makes me feel like Urkel. Give me a nice mid-rise and I'm fine as long as it fits my hips.

What I'm really salty about is leg width, and I would like to have it on the record that tapered leg does not equal "straight." (My current jeans have a slight taper in the leg; narrowed legs at the calf, for me, mean every time I move, my pants get dragged down because my calves are "athlete-gone-to-seed" levels of "thicc." It's annoying.)
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

I really like the Trupunto Trouser Jeans from White House Black Market. They seem to sell them all the time, though the color finish may change, and the stock ebbs and flows.

Thanks for chiming in everyone! I'm glad it is not just me that doesn't love them. Latia, I'm sure you're rocking the high waisted jean! But for all the rest of us, maybe it is just best to stick with the silhouette that both feels good and flatters. Good thing fashion changes frequently! I'll have to check out that jean recommendation Peaches Keane. I think my problem is that for so long I could wear anything and I can't do that anymore. Pair that with less time to try on clothes and less inclination to leave the house and I can no longer just order something online and have it work it. I probably need to spend some time in stores trying on various styles. We'll see!

At least it is summer and I just bought a bunch of dresses on Amazon so I'll rotate those for awhile. Maybe some styles that are flattering for moms will come back in in the meantime!

My very stylish SIL told me "it's time to embrace a new silhouette" when I complained looking at my profile in the mirror in high waisted jeans. I've had the best luck with the Levi's wedgie straight jeans (get compliments from teens when I wear) and also Wit and Wisdom (from Nordstrom with ab sucking technology and around $60 during the summer Anniversary sale). Those options are compromises. I live in So CA and these styles fit in fine.

Quote Originally Posted by mommytoalyssa View Post
    My very stylish SIL told me "it's time to embrace a new silhouette" when I complained looking at my profile in the mirror in high waisted jeans. I've had the best luck with the Levi's wedgie straight jeans (get compliments from teens when I wear) and also Wit and Wisdom (from Nordstrom with ab sucking technology and around $60 during the summer Anniversary sale). Those options are compromises. I live in So CA and these styles fit in fine.
    Thanks! Will check them out!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast