What do you guys think about high waisted jeans?

I like the look of the new high waisted pants. On other people. But not on me. I mostly like my body at this point in my life. I lost all of my baby weight a few years back and I've mostly kept it off. Except in the past three years I've gained around the middle. And in a completely different way than when I gained weight with my babies! Post-partum I mostly had weight to lose on the sides. Think "muffin top" lol. The new weight is in the front. I have a pouchy belly. I always had a little bit of a pouch, that's what 4 c-sections will do, but it is MUCH more pronounced than it ever was before. From what I've read, this is normal for women of my age (I'm 47).

I exercise five days a week. I'm back to lifting and to walking. I also try really hard to eat in a way that my glucose levels are even. I count calories loosely but also try to eat when I'm hungry. I feel great. I like my body except for that pouch. I'm still trying to lose it, but I'm not going to kill myself over it!

BUT, dang if it looks just terrible in the current pants styles! High waisted pants with tucked in shirts are just such an unattractive look on me right now. I'm a little sad because jeans and a t-shirt are my total mom uniform. These days I've been wearing untucked blouses and high waist jeans. And it's an ok look. I've been trying a side tuck to give a little more waist definition.

I also wear dresses a lot! I like dresses but with dresses I feel the need to not wear the same thing every day, lol. You can get by with less variety when you wear jeans.

Anyway, wondering if you have found any great hacks for high waisted pants? Are there certain brands that are magically for "keeping it all in"? Do you just ignore trends and wear what works for you? I have admittedly only tried Old Navy jeans!

Would love to hear what is working for you!