Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Default For fun-Which music legends have you seen in concert or wished you did…

I just saw that Tina Turner died. I gasped when I read it. She always seemed so strong and unbeatable. I thought she would outlive us all. (RIP, Tina). I’m crushed that I never saw her in person. I’m still upset I never saw Prince in person. I haven’t been to a ton of concerts but im so glad I saw U2 and Def Leppard. There are so many more I’d like to see.

Which artists are you glad you saw in person and which did you miss and regret?
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

PunkyBoo is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I've been to a LOT of concerts! In 1993, I went to a concert to see Sting in Las Vegas, and Grateful Dead opened for him. I frankly had no interest in seeing Grateful Dead. It was very eerie... It was a warm sunny day, but when the Dead started playing, suddenly it was very windy, blowing dust everywhere and clouds rolled in. Literally the moment Jerry Garcia stepped onstage and started to sing, it started to rain HARD. Everyone was talking about how crazy that was! Jerry Garcia died about 2 years later, so I was glad I got to see such an iconic band perform.
    I've seen U2 several times, including once before 9/11 and once after it on the same tour. The show was completely different and really honored the gravity of the change in our lives.
    I didn't want to go but a high school friend took me to see George Michael and we had excellent seats. It was fun, and I'm glad I went!
    I got to see the Cure perform at Dodger stadium in 1989, front row.
    When I was in college at USC, Rolling Stones played at the LA Memorial Coliseum- I didn't have tickets but I could hear the entire concert from my 8th floor dorm window!

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Mama to DS1 Punkin (2/04) and DS2 Boo (1/09)

Rolling Stones at the LA Coliseum
    Bon Jovi back in the Livin on a Prayer days

And Taylor Swift in July

I don’t really like going to concerts, so there isn’t really anyone I regret not seeing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by georgiegirl; 05-25-2023 at 09:18 PM.
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

Tenasparkl is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

There are a few that I missed and really wish I saw - like Nirvana.

We're going to see Madonna when she's here (September maybe?) and that was a big one that I felt like I missed previously.

I'm glad that I saw Beastie Boys many times before we lost Mike D. I've seen Pearl Jam, U2, The Cure, Morrissey (can't see him again now that he's so "Morrissey" about everything), Foo Fighters, The Police, Alanis, lots of Dave Matthews shows and of course I'm forgetting other big ones.

In addition to Madonna we've got a few shows coming up and I'm super excited for all of them - 2 Taylor Swift shows (we've seen a few other tours of hers too), Beyonce and boygenius (we're BIG Phoebe fans in our house!)

Not sure how I forgot about seeing Paul McCartney, Tom Petty and Harry Styles.
    Last edited by Tenasparkl; 05-27-2023 at 01:13 PM.

wallawala is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Pink Floyd
    U2 (several times)
    A-HA
    Violent Femmes
    Indigo Girls (before they were famous in a college student union. They were awful!! They opened for the Femmes. Maybe 20 people were there)
    Dave Mathews
    The Grateful Dead
    Phish

I always wanted to have gone to an Ozzy Osborne show.....

bcafe is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Tom Petty, many, many times
    Fleetwood Mac, again, many times
    Hootie and the Blowfish
    Rolling Stones
    Bob Dylan
    Natalie Merchant
    Steve Miller
    I cannot think right now of others but I know I have! I would love to see U2, Lumineers, Mumford and Sons, Jack Johnson. I wish I could have seen Prince. My DH has seen so many great iconic bands that I am jealous

nfceagles is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I’ve seen Paul McCartney 3 times. Billiy Joel, Elton John, Cher.

Best concert I ever attended:
    Pink at Wembley Stadium

I would love to see Bob Dylan before he dies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KpbS is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Midnight Oil
    REM
    Indigo Girls
    Brandi Carlisle
    Patty Griffith

I wish I would have seen Fleetwood Mac and Bruce Springsteen back in the day.
    K

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I am not the biggest Prince fan but I would’ve gone to one his shows.

My parents saw Tina Turner in the 1990s and loved her show.

I want to see The Rolling Stones

I have seen:
    Bruce Springsteen x 2 (1992, and 2003; hoping to catch him on this current tour)

Kenny Chesney x 2 (2001, and 2002)

Third Eye Blind x 2 (1997, and 1998: I was in the first row of this show in a small venue at SDSU)

Sugar Ray (1997)

Live (1997)

Weird Al x 2 (late 90s/early 2000s …..so good)

The Moody Blues (1999)

Crosby Stills Nash & Young (2000….one of the best shows I have ever been to….I had no idea what to expect but I loved it and it was great because I went with my dad….although he doesn’t remember going…)

Chris Isaak (2000)

Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers (2000)

Blink 182 with Bad Religion opening (2000)

Tim Mc Graw (2001, with Kenny Chesney opening)

U2 with No Doubt opening (11/2001)

Toby Keith (2002)

Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers (2002)

Steve Miller Band (2003, I think)

Hootie and the Blowfish (2003) (I think Uncle Kracker was there….it was okay, but I wished I would’ve seen them around 95-97)

Sting (2004….I was so underwhelmed by him as a solo artist; so much so that the following year or two later when The Police toured I had no urge to see him, and prior I really liked his solo work)

Annie Lennox (2004, opened for Sting and was amazing!)

Tom Jones (2009….so good….he was in his late 60s and still moved around a bunch…fun show)

Katy Perry (2014)

Luke Bryan (2015)

Miranda Lambert with Jon Pardi opening (2018)

Deirks Bentley with The Brothers Osborne, Lanco, and surprise guest Dwight Yoakum (2018)

Old Dominion (2019)

Elton John (2022)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by AnnieW625; 05-28-2023 at 05:17 PM.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

MSWR0319 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I wish I had gotten to see Cher. My dad and I had tickets to her last tour but she has to cancel for health reasons before our concert.

I’ve always wanted to see Pink, and we’re going this summer. I also really want to see Taylor Swift, but don’t see that happening on this tour. My last hope for that is her international portion goes to Toronto and I somehow figure out how to snag tickets.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast