Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I've seen way too many concerts to list.

I'm sad I missed out on Nirvana, Beastie Boys, The Beatles (obvi too young to see them as a group, have seen Paul and Ringo, missed out on George as solo artist or any of this groups), Prince.

I have Madonna and Elton on my "legends to see" list but lately haven't felt inspired to spend the $$$ to see them. I've heard Madonna's latest tours have been a hot mess of her showing up hours late or the show not being that great. I do have Lizzo and Adele on my want to see list.

I also have on my bucket list to see a concert at an international venue. I'd love to travel to England, Ireland, wherever to see a show. Given that I live only 3hrs from Toronto and have seen several concerts there (U2, Harry Styles to name two) I don't see that as "international."
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

The Beach Boys
    Steve Miller Band
    Hootie and the Blowfish
    Journey
    Chicago
    Foreigner

Really wish I had gone to see James Taylor when he toured recently.
    SAHM to Pete and Repeat my "Irish Twins" - DD 12/06 and DS 11/07

Never argue with an idiot. He'll bring you down to his level, then beat you with experience.

jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I started seeing concerts back in the stone ages when we stood in line overnight outside the record store. �� We’re just outside NYC so have seen many concerts. My favorites were Bon Jovi concerts way back. His newer shows are fun but don’t have the same magic as his old shows. Loved seeing Rod Stewart. George Strait way back in his early days. Trisha Yearwood when she was just starting out. Garth Brooks early on. Rush several times. Motley Crue way back. Ozzy after the bat. I need to look through my tickets…

Biggest concert regret: never seeing Prince live.

Biggest concert regret: never seeing Prince live.
    Yes, and many others for me. Arena concerts were overwhelming to me when I was younger (and felt so expensive when I was a student!) so I didn't see too many - U2, 10k Maniacs, Phish, Grateful Dead are the ones I remember from college, plus lots of local band shows. Looking back I wish I had gone to a lot more. Earth Wind and Fire and Joan Jett at our local fairgrounds here a few years ago (and from which I *hear* a lot of concerts every year depending on how the wind is blowing that night )

We live just a couple miles from a very nice amphitheater but until last year I hadn't been in years. But with everyone touring last fall, I ended up seeing 3 concerts within the span of a month - Weird Al, Bonnie Raitt, and Willie Nelson. Loved all of them, and it was fun to see/compare them within such a short span, they were all very different shows.

I did get to see some jazz luminaries who are gone now (Dave Brubeck, Betty Carter, and a few others) when I was in Boston as a student, and if I could go back in time I'd make sure I saw many more of those concerts and went to ny more.

I was watching a live performance of Tina T the other day from about 2009, it was so sexy and energetic and fun, would have been great to see live.
    ~ Dawn
    Our little monkey (4/2011) & his early holiday present 12/12

NCGrandma is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I haven’t been to many concerts (impoverished grad student, then single parent…), but 3 stand out in my memory:

—Joan Baez singing to students sitting in on the Duke University quad soon after MLK's death — memorable combination of performer, venue, and time

—Bob Dylan at the Dean Dome (UNC basketball arena) in 1988 — great to hear him in person, even in the nosebleed seats, but a rather odd venue

—and a very different experience: Raffi, playing at UNC's Memorial Hall, a rather formal concert hall. Very odd venue for Baby Beluga and all those kids in the audience.

Sent from my iPad using Baby Bargains

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I've seen Springsteen & E-Street both with Clarence & Danny (first in 2002-ish; and again in 2009 for the Wrecking Ball series at Giants Stadium) and with Jake & Charlie (2016, Citizens Bank Ballpark in Philly), after Clarence & Danny died. We brought DD to the 2016 show.

I've seen Bon Jovi (2006) ... IIRC, Nickelback opened for them that night.

Currently, I'm peevish that I didn't get tickets for TMBG for the (rescheduled) Flood anniversary tour, but I actually have seen them play live - they did a free show in front of the Princeton Public Library on Record Store Day in like 2013 or 2014. (I brought DD because it was an all-ages show.)
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

smilequeen is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I am actually not a big concert person, although I always enjoy them.

My best memory of a legend is in college, my roommate and I wanted to see Billy Joel. So we got nosebleed tickets at what was our brand new arena here. We sat up there and were approached by one of Billy Joel’s people offering us front row seats. So that is true about Billy Joel. He gives away the first two rows of seats to people with crappy seats. The first two rows WERE all younger women though

Madonna was a great concert and somehow I ended up at Neil Diamond with my brother once (I had a lot to drink LOL).

If Pink counts as a Legend, it’s the best concert I’ve ever seen.

Wish I’d gone to U2 and Elton John.

We did see Rolling Stones last tour. I’m glad we did even if I’ve not been a big fan.
    Last edited by smilequeen; 05-29-2023 at 03:59 PM.
    Mama to my boys (04,07,11)

marinkitty is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I've been to A LOT of concerts over the years. Some that I'm really glad I've seen as now past their prime or gone. I, like many PPs, wish I'd seen Prince live. And Queen. Also, though less acutely, Nirvana and Tom Petty. And I'd still like to see Pearl Jam (may try to see them in September but right now tickets are more than I want to pay).

I just went with DD to Taylor Swift - soooo glad we went - it was amazing. Going to Foo Fighters in August, which I'm psyched about.

PZMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by marinkitty View Post

I just went with DD to Taylor Swift - soooo glad we went - it was amazing. .
    I'm so jealous!!! I want to see her in concert so badly, but I didn't get tickets via Ticketmaster and resale tickets for all 5 stops here are $1500 for behind the stage obstructed view seats. I've seen some as high as 10K for floor seats. However, Swifties have live streamed every concert, so I've seen every concert on her tour thus far, and that will have to suffice for now. I know fans have been hanging out in the parking lots to hear the concerts, so I may go that route too. A few have even gotten hired to work as ushers at her concerts, so I'm keeping an eye open for that possibility as well. I'd work for free, to just be in the stadium!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast