I have found that taking daily magnesium helps a lot with so many things--constipation, restless legs, sleep. There are many types of magnesium, but the ones I decided to take are Magnesium glycinate (also called bisglycinate) and now adding magnesium threonate (using this on DD who I recently realized has migraines). It's called the calming mineral, and I think it calms down a lot of things. Magnesium is very depleted from our soils, so it's hard to get enough in your diet. I buy from Pure Encapsulations.

I also started taking Akkermansia pills for digestion and it seems to help even more with regularity--only sold by Pendulum. I also plan to restock my arsenal with Pure Encapsulations GI Fortify to boost fiber, but even without it, I'm regular. I take it along with my daily oatmeal. Just had to go through 3 colonoscopies recently because I had way too many polyps and just want to try my best for the future. No family history, no lifestyle/diet markers, but occasional constipation which I think was from iron pills and Hashimotos slow digestion.