Default Netflix password crackdown?

So I don’t have kids out of house/college/out of household but still dependents. I’m not happy with their new pricing planes as we travel a lot between soccer tournaments, summer travels, my work travel and I go back home Europe every so often to take care of elderly parent.

So obviously I/we are logging in Netflix from different IP addresses. I don’t have to deal with it for first out of town trip next month, so have time to investigate and think about it.

What’s your solution?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Mummy to DS1-6/11 and DS2-1/14

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

It notified me a few weeks ago that ds1 was using our Netflix at college and it asked us to confirm that it was legit. I forgot to and got an email saying our password would be reset by Netflix. It wasn’t. 🤷*♀️ so, is it bluster or are they really enforcing it? Because ds1 has continued to use it at school and us at home.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

ezcc is offline Gold level (500+ posts)

I think as long as you login from home within 30 days of being somewhere else you are fine (not sure I have that exactly right, but being away for weekends etc shouldn't be an issue). I do have a college student, who is not home that often so I guess he will have to get his own account which is kind of a bummer- I think they could have done this differently but I can see that people sharing passwords could be a big problem (a lot of people complaining are talking about how their parents, adult siblings etc now need to get their own accounts...)

mom2binsd is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

If your college kid logs in on their laptop I think it's OK. I got a message last night when I went on Netflix listing the devices that are a part of our home and to go to my account to add any others.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

hbridge is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I wish they would do subscriptions for the number of users at any one time. DC is at college and I worry they will try to watch something someday and not be able to. I guess I should look into whether they need their own account. I don't know why they just don't have the a "number of devices" connected for each password and you choose your plan accordingly...

JustMe is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by hbridge View Post
    I don't know why they just don't have the a "number of devices" connected for each password and you choose your plan accordingly...
    This really would work well!
    lucky single mom to 20 yr old dd and 17 yr old ds through 2 very different adoption routes

Quote Originally Posted by hbridge View Post
    I wish they would do subscriptions for the number of users at any one time. DC is at college and I worry they will try to watch something someday and not be able to. I guess I should look into whether they need their own account. I don't know why they just don't have the a "number of devices" connected for each password and you choose your plan accordingly...
    That was the puzzling part from Netflix. Considering the different households like kids with divorced parents, kids away at boarding schools or colleges, or away for other extended time. It seems to be such an oversight on their part.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Mummy to DS1-6/11 and DS2-1/14