Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    hbridge is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Default Mattress toppers for dorm?

DC is starting their sophomore year in the fall. Last year the mattress topper that we brought on move in day was JUNK. I didn't even bring it to campus.

This year, I am hoping to make the bed cozier. DC will be living in the dorm for all 4 years. Has anyone found a good TwinXL mattress topper that stays in place and actually makes the bed cozier (as opposed to lumpier)

Thanks
    Last edited by hbridge; 05-29-2023 at 11:59 AM.

chlobo is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

We got a Dormeo mattress topper. We had it shipped to school: https://www.dormeousa.com/collections/mattress-toppers

Beware, after you get it out of the original packaging it will expand and you will need something bigger to take it home in. At some point over the summer, they started to have a sale on it for "college students".

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

We had a 3-4" memory foam topper from Amazon or Target. The depth was what really helped.

nfceagles is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default Mattress toppers for dorm?

Interested in this too. I’m seeing lots of options and wondering if some are better than others.

Are some better at cooling than others? Asking since DS’s dorm won’t be AC’d.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    We had a 3-4" memory foam topper from Amazon or Target. The depth was what really helped.
    This is what we will probably end up doing but we had the queen version of this one from Tempurpedic and we’re happy with it.

Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieW625 View Post
    This is what we will probably end up doing but we had the queen version of this one from Tempurpedic and we’re happy with it.

Because a lot of kids are only in a twin xl for 1-2 years before they move to something with different bedding, I would probably aim to spend less than that. I'm sure it's super nice though and a great option for OP's situation

hbridge is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I think my budget is less than $130... There are quite a few on amazon, but was hoping for some real world experience. The dorm is NOT air conditioned and DC is on the 4th floor (no elevator).

I tried to find my order online to see what I bought but nothing popped up.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    Because a lot of kids are only in a twin xl for 1-2 years before they move to something with different bedding, I would probably aim to spend less than that. I'm sure it's super nice though and a great option for OP's situation
    Totally agree with you! I had a hard time swallowing the price of the queen sized mattress topper we bought from Tempurpedic two years ago when we had an awful queen mattress (but the topper worked quite well before we got our king mattress last year….now the topper is on our hide a bed).

Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

JBaxter is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I got a 4 in from Amazon I think it $50 ish on sale. https://www.amazon.com/Mellow-5-Zone.../dp/B08DCNJWH5 According to N several class mates asked where he got it and I sent the link a few times. He is at UF and did have AC but never complained about being hot or cold Of course next year his apartment has xl Full size mattress so we are gifting it to a friend of mine rising freshman
    Last edited by JBaxter; 05-29-2023 at 12:36 PM.
    Jeana, Momma to 4 fantastic sons

Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you're stupid and make bad decisions

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast