Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    JBaxter is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by hbridge View Post
    I think my budget is less than $130... There are quite a few on amazon, but was hoping for some real world experience. The dorm is NOT air conditioned and DC is on the 4th floor (no elevator).
    I Linked the one we got for N Lol do not open it prior to taking it up 4 flights. N was also on a 4th floor no elevator. And when bringing it home roll it and either secure it with bungee cords or Saran Wrap
    Jeana, Momma to 4 fantastic sons

Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you're stupid and make bad decisions

We got this one for DS1. (the 3 inch one)
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I paid $45 for it 2 years ago. (I believe it was one of Amazon's prime day deals.)
    Mommy to 2 DS's (2003 and 2007)

mom2binsd is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1, it's currently at 72.00, which is about what we paid for it 2 years ago.

This is what DD had two years ago, she said was very comfortable. It definitely expanded over 24 hrs, so we opened it at home a week before to let it air out/expand then rolled it back up and put in a large green trash bag for transport.

Quote Originally Posted by nfceagles View Post
    Interested in this too. I’m seeing lots of options and wondering if some are better than others.

Are some better at cooling than others? Asking since DS’s dorm won’t be AC’d.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I would invest in a very good fan, and maybe one of those portable/small a/c machines.

I'm not sure if it really was cooling, but DD never complained that her pad made the bed hot. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by ett View Post
    We got this one for DS1. (the 3 inch one)
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I paid $45 for it 2 years ago. (I believe it was one of Amazon's prime day deals.)
    I found an alert for this one for $33 on a dorm group on FB. It arrived 3 min ago and got packed for summer on campus already! Hope it's good.

kristenk is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

DD had a 3” topper from Serta. It’s the Serta ThermaGel Memory Foam Mattress Topper, currently $79.70 on Amazon. She loved it.

When we got her dorm bed set up, we put the topper on the mattress and then a zipped mattress encasement keeping the mattress and topper together.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

smilequeen is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Following and taking notes. I think DS is going to want a cooling mattress pad as he hates to be hot. He prioritized the AC’d dorms first. Seems like half were and half weren’t. I honestly have no idea how long AC would even be necessary in Madison, but he runs a big fan at night even in the middle of winter.
    Mama to my boys (04,07,11)

Kindra178 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by smilequeen View Post
    Following and taking notes. I think DS is going to want a cooling mattress pad as he hates to be hot. He prioritized the AC’d dorms first. Seems like half were and half weren’t. I honestly have no idea how long AC would even be necessary in Madison, but he runs a big fan at night even in the middle of winter.
    He will def need air in August and September. Maybe 3 days in October.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

KpbS is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Anyone purchase a topper that isn’t foam? I’ve looked at some that wouldn’t of gas as much but haven’t bought one.
    K

Quote Originally Posted by KpbS View Post
    Anyone purchase a topper that isn’t foam? I’ve looked at some that wouldn’t of gas as much but haven’t bought one.
    We just opened ours at home the week before and then rolled it up and put on a trash bag when we transported her stuff.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast