Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    doberbrat is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default When it rains it pours

dh was spiraling last week and I decided to bring him to the ER. I was debating it so long that I called in to work via text as I was supposed to be at school. He refused to go so I called 911. We get there and as a routine, they do an EKG which is off. Make a long story short, he has a pulmonary embolism and a dissection of an artery in his stomach.... plus the mental health crisis I actually brought him in for. So now, we've both had a PE. They run in my family which makes me freak out for my kids.

Also, my mom has been in the hospital all week. Her dialysis port was clogged again. 4 surgeries to try and regain access and not surprisingly, she's not 100% lucid. Except they've deemed her competent so she gets to do what she wants. My aunts are calling/texting me every few hours about stuff I cant do anything about.

I'm feeling very alone. DH is unhelpful but he is another adult in the house. I had 3 close friends in town that were emergency contacts for my kids. 1 moved to CA, one moved an hr away and the 3rd died. I know its irrational but I'm worried about what happens to the girls if something happens to me.
    dd1 10/05
    dd2 11/09
    and ... a mini poodle!

jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I’m so sorry you have so much going on right now. Take care of yourself. I know it’s hard but try not to worry about your kids. Believe you will both be here for a very long time. Sending P & PTs your way.

Wow, that’s a lot for you to be dealing with. I’m sorry you are the only competent adult and don’t have any support nearby. I hope your DH gets the medical and mental health care he needs. Many hugs.
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

Liziz is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Oh my goodness, that is definitely a ton on your plate all at once! Not to minimize your worries, but just to re-frame a bit for you -- your DH is on the path to getting the help and medical attention he needs, so hopefully will soon be in a better place. I'm so glad you made the choice to call 911! And in the very unlikely scenario that something happened and your girls needed help, an hour distance from your close friend may not be ideal but is still manageable. Sending you lots of P&PT.
    Lizi

Kestrel is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

That's a lot going on at once. Sorry you're having to juggle so much. Let the unimportant things slide for now until things settle down - laundry can wait for goodness sake. Try to get enough sleep.

If it helps, a friend an hour away really isn't that far, if you have a good friend and a true emergency. Don't count them out.

hillview is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

sending you lots of support and a hug
    DS #1 Summer 05
    DS #2 Summer 07

♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

oh my goodness, that is way too much for one person to handle. P&PT to you and your family.
    and yeah as PP said, i would totally go and help a friend an hour away in such a situation!

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Oh my. I can’t even imagine. Lots of prayers and support to you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

elektra is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I am so sorry. That is so much all at once. When I was dealing with similar things it helped me to remind myself that my kids were healthy. Hoping that is true for you too!
    DD
    DS

anonomom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Wow, that's a lot! I am so sorry. Sending you hugs and good vibes.
    DC1 -- 2005 DD -- 2009 DS -- 2011

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast