smilequeen is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Any recent tips for Sydney?

We are headed to Australia in about 2 weeks. We have the first 3 stops on the trip all planned out because of the locations but we are kind of planning less of a scheduled up stop in Sydney (our last stop). DH and I went to Australia on our honeymoon 20 years ago…so we need an update. Things to do (boys are 18, 15, and 12), great restaurants…especially casual ones that would work for my picky eating 12 year old. DH and the 18 year old will probably pick a Michelin Star place as it’s their thing but I don’t usually go because…the 12 year old (working on him, but it’s a slow process).

As of now we have a bridge climb scheduled (which I am completely freaked out about, but the boys really want to do it, so I’m going to suck it up). We plan on going to the aquarium. Otherwise…nothing scheduled.

Staying at the Park Hyatt which is near the bridge, opera house, etc.
    Mama to my boys (04,07,11)

mmsmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I can’t help much with restaurants. The Zoo in Sydney is great. There is also a zoo about 30 minutes out that has an area where you can feed and interact with Kangaroos. You can do a tour of the Opera House. Ferry to beaches though not sure how that is in the winter.

hillview is online now Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

we just came back -- book the behind the scenes opera house tour (7 am for us -- includes breakfast)

we visited
    https://www.featherdale.com.au/
    which might be what mmsmom is talking about, it was a good tour (we had a private tour).
    DS #1 Summer 05
    DS #2 Summer 07

mmsmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by hillview View Post
    we just came back -- book the behind the scenes opera house tour (7 am for us -- includes breakfast)

we visited
    https://www.featherdale.com.au/
    which might be what mmsmom is talking about, it was a good tour (we had a private tour).
    Yes! That’s the place.

smilequeen is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Thanks My boys (especially the 12 year old) would probably love that.
    Mama to my boys (04,07,11)