LD92599 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Themes for 8th Grade Dances

Thinking ahead for June 2024...which of course needs to be decided upon in Fall 2023.
    Class of 2023, their theme was Red Carpet/Hollywood.
    Class of 2022...I want to say their theme was Candy Land.

Throw me some ideas of what your 8th grade dances (or similar dances) have been in recent years.
    Let's ballpark that it's approx 110 students; budget might be $15,000 all in.

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Lucky duck to have that kind of budget! I had $500 to work with when planning ours.
    Luau/ tropical

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

California is online now Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Wow! That is a big budget!

At the middle school I teach at the kids voted for a “Neon Nights” theme. Parents put up black lights in one section of the gym, lots of 80’s neon decorations, 80’s themed photo book, and kids were all given glow stick-style necklaces and bracelets. A parent took fun slow-shutter speed photos with the glow sticks.

It all looked great and the students were happy. They don’t all dance but they all liked eating pizza and playing around with the glow sticks.

acmom is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by California View Post
    Wow! That is a big budget!

At the middle school I teach at the kids voted for a “Neon Nights” theme. Parents put up black lights in one section of the gym, lots of 80’s neon decorations, 80’s themed photo book, and kids were all given glow stick-style necklaces and bracelets. A parent took fun slow-shutter speed photos with the glow sticks.

It all looked great and the students were happy. They don’t all dance but they all liked eating pizza and playing around with the glow sticks.
    Our school did a similar theme a couple years ago- chosen by the students. Agree that it looked great and our students really liked it too.

LD92599 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

The parents choose the theme because it's a surprise until the night of the dance - it's a semi-formal dance (short short dresses for the girls...suits for the guys). Parents do all the fundraising and the school won't allow a "flat" donation per family....really wish they would because the fundraising gets ridiculous! I like the neon idea!