Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    PunkyBoo is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Default Which kindle? And prime day cost?

If you read books on a Kindle, which kind do you recommend?
    I've been reading books on a tablet but the tablet is bulky and heavy and is running very low on storage. I'd like to get a Kindle for reading and just let my tablet be for recipes (paprika app). I think I want to wait until prime day to get a good deal on it. Do you happen to know what the savings usually is on prime day?

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Mama to DS1 Punkin (2/04) and DS2 Boo (1/09)

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Love my Paperwhite. It’s old and working well.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

Paperwhite without a question! I’m on my 2nd version of it now and easily a device I use often.

As far when they go on sales…I can’t recall but they run sales often on it. Maybe July 4th. I wouldn’t wait till Black Friday as you can get previous generation and work fine for many years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Mummy to DS1-6/11 and DS2-1/14

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default Which kindle? And prime day cost?

Another Paperwhite fan. I am about to order a new one because I left my old one at the airport; it was almost 4 years old too and still working (considering my first 3 maybe lasted 18 months to 2 years!) I was thinking I would ask for one for my birthday in a few weeks but maybe I will wait for Prime Day. I liked that my last one was waterproof so I could read while lounging in m pool. (I am using Dd1’s that she never uses but it is the 2015 model so notthe waterproof one; the thing has the best battery of all my kindles though; I haven’t charged it almost 3 weeks!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by AnnieW625; 06-08-2023 at 10:49 PM.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

khm is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

I have an old old paperwhite. I've never loved it as much as some, I think it hurts my eyes if I'm reading in the dark, but I seem to be alone in that.

I do love it for travel, etc. I just don't find myself reading in bed as much as I thought I would.

I have the one with the ads, and I read somewhere that without ads you can set it to see the cover when you open it, which I would LOVE. So, I had ads turned off but my version is too old for that feature. Lol. Next time.

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by khm View Post
    I have an old old paperwhite. I've never loved it as much as some, I think it hurts my eyes if I'm reading in the dark, but I seem to be alone in that.

I do love it for travel, etc. I just don't find myself reading in bed as much as I thought I would.

I have the one with the ads, and I read somewhere that without ads you can set it to see the cover when you open it, which I would LOVE. So, I had ads turned off but my version is too old for that feature. Lol. Next time.
    I like the ads. I have discovered some good books through them.

NCGrandma is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Like most others, I’m a big Kindle Paperwhite fan. I just replaced my last one after 4 or 5 years, and the new one has an even sharper display. It also lets you switch from the white background to a more yellow one which apparently some people prefer at night. You can schedule when it changes. I haven’t tried that because I prefer the white.

Sent from my iPad using Baby Bargains

khm is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    I never minded the ads really and have said so in the past. But, I DID want to see the covers when I fired it up like I read about randomly somewhere. I miss seeing book covers with eBooks. (shrug)

Alas, that doesn't work for me, now I just have random photo art.

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    Me too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

I'd also get the paperwhite--you don't need to splurge on no ads or a larger memory if such a thing is even an option. It looks like the last paperwhite I purchased was $45 off on prime day (cost me $85 + tax).
    momma to DD 12/08 & DS 3/13

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast