doberbrat is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default One thing leads to another...

I am super stressed out!

Weeks ago, I was having leg pain so I went to the dr. He sends me for an US of the leg to rule out clots. While I'm there, I point out a breast lump that I've had for a while Good news: No clot Bad News: they found a mass in my groin that could be a lipoma or fatty tissue. Get referred to surgeon. The mammo says the lump is "probably benign".

Go to the surgeon who says the groin is probably a lymph node and hey, you have other swollen lymph nodes lets schedule a ct scan and a whole bunch of labs...

I know all of this is probably nothing and they're just being extra cautious since I have no other symptoms but just getting all this stuff scheduled while I try and deal with dh's and my mom's ongoing hospitalizations I am feeling like I'm going over the edge! And I want the breast mass out. "probably benign" is not comforting to me as I lost a close friend aged 43 in Feb due to breast cancer. And I dont want to talk about it in the house b/c I dont want to stress my kids out even more.
    Last edited by doberbrat; 08-08-2023 at 03:04 PM.
    dd1 10/05
    dd2 11/09
    and ... a mini poodle!

hbridge is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Sending hugs! Try to just go through the motions to get the testing done for yourself. It is so hard, but schedule the appointments and just do them. Don't think too much about it.

I had a "smudge" on my skin that my PCP told me multiple times over the years was "nothing". Went to a dermatologist when I turned 50 (as recommended by my PCP), the "smudge" was NOT nothing. This was February, 2020. If I had waited, it would have been a few more years and would have been even worse. Keep the appointments.

Figuring it all out as the primary caregiver to others who are ill makes everything harder. I have a chronically ill child, finding time to concentrate on taking care of my own needs historically has been tough. Two days before my first dermatologist appointment, my child had a medical emergency that was my focus. I almost cancelled the appointment, but it was too late when I realized when it was, so I just went. You just have to do it. The key is go to the appointments and don't think about it too much. It's another thing on the schedule.

As for discussing things with the kids present, they don't need to know too many details. Just, "mom has an appointment".

As for the breast mass, if you want it out, definitely advocate for that!!! I agree "probably benign" is not as reassuring as the medical professionals think.

Sending hugs.

niccig is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

Oh hugs!!! That is just too much and the people you could lean on, have their own medical issues. Is there a friend you can talk too, who can be supportive?

Agreed to just get the appointments scheduled and done. Please let us know how it goes

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

I’m sorry. How stressful. Fingers crossed it isn’t anything major
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

That's a lot. I agree, though, keep the appointments. Sending you positive energy.
    DS: Raising heck since 12/09

firstbaby is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Sending you hugs and praying it all turns out to be confirmed “nothings”!

jgenie is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Thinking of you. Sending P & PTs your way.

Sending hugs and positive thoughts your way for a "nothing serious" diagnosis
    Mom to Two Wild and Crazy Boys and One Sweet Baby Girl

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Any update? Thinking good thoughts for you.

doberbrat is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    Any update? Thinking good thoughts for you.
    Finally had the ct scan and saw the results on the portal a couple of weeks ago. Reactive lymph nodes and moderate swelling in multiple sites pointing to an infectious process .... except I havent been sick since covid July 2022. Neither surgeon nor primary care dr's offices have called to discuss results. I figure I will just discuss with my rhumatologist at my upcoming appt at the end of the mo b/c I'm guessing we're getting closer and closer to a diagnosis of Lupus. -I have many but not all markers etc.
    dd1 10/05
    dd2 11/09
    and ... a mini poodle!