Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    mom2binsd is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Everyone reacts differently too, so have her just ready at home once she starts the prep solution. Also if you have a small squirt bottle and wipes available as the skin can get pretty sore, even ointment like aquafor is helpful.

Liziz is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by mom2binsd View Post
    Everyone reacts differently too, so have her just ready at home once she starts the prep solution. Also if you have a small squirt bottle and wipes available as the skin can get pretty sore, even ointment like aquafor is helpful.
    Agree with this -- as long as she has easy access to the bathroom I don't really think she'll need much from you. Once it started working, I had to go to the bathroom often, but as long as I just went as soon as I felt the urge (and clearly was staying at home so I was super close to the toilet), it wasn't like there were any accidents/misses on getting there on time or anything. My recent experience (x2, ugh!) is that while it's not fun, it's truly not that awful either. Good luck to your DD -- I hope this gets her some answers to whatever is going on.
    Lizi

essnce629 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by JustMe View Post
    Thanks everyone! I am less worried about what she can have/can't have/what the exact medication/OTC things she will take and more needing to know how much it will interfere with my work day from home...sounds like not much from what everyone has said.
    I don't see how it would interfere with your work from home at all? DS1 has ulcerative colitis and has been having regular colonoscopies since he was 11 (he's now 20). All I've ever done is make sure he has his clear liquid items and mix up his prep, and nothing at all after that. He drinks his drink and stays near the bathroom for several hours. That's about it.
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

We used puppy pee pads as a buffer between my bottom and anything I was sitting on. They ended up not being soiled/I was able to make it to the bathroom in time, but they sure eased my anxiety. I had an Rx prep. It tasted foul, and I couldn’t get it all down in the preferred time period, but I got it all down eventually. So, she should give herself more time than she might think she needs.

DH, who had one before I had my first, recommended I clear my schedule on prep day and also take a long nap in the afternoon that day because I’d be up all night with the prep. It was good advice. I slept all day following the procedure, so she’ll definitely want to clear her schedule for that.
    Last edited by Peaches Keane; 09-29-2023 at 03:07 PM.

wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

In addition to the above advice, she will need a driver to bring her home. DH just had his done a few months back and I waited at the outpatient center for him because we live a 30-40min drive away. I think I was there 2hrs? I noticed though that everyone else got dropped off, the front desk called their driver when they were in recovery, to give them the 15-30mins to come get them. I would totaly do that if we lived closer by. DH was groggy on the drive home, but pretty much fine the rest of the day. He did take a nap because he'd be up most of the night before due to the prep (his was a dose at 6pm and another dose at like 4am).
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

KpbS is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by wendibird22 View Post
    In addition to the above advice, she will need a driver to bring her home. DH just had his done a few months back and I waited at the outpatient center for him because we live a 30-40min drive away. I think I was there 2hrs? I noticed though that everyone else got dropped off, the front desk called their driver when they were in recovery, to give them the 15-30mins to come get them. I would totaly do that if we lived closer by. DH was groggy on the drive home, but pretty much fine the rest of the day. He did take a nap because he'd be up most of the night before due to the prep (his was a dose at 6pm and another dose at like 4am).
    And our practice requires that drivers remain on the premises the whole time. Something else to schedule.
    K

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by KpbS View Post
    And our practice requires that drivers remain on the premises the whole time. Something else to schedule.
    We are given a buzzer that supposedly has a 5 mile radius so you can walk to nearby restaurants or shopping. I usually just stay put and hit the cafeteria and gift shop to fill time. The buzzer did not work this last time (first time I have ever had that problem). I was starting to get anxious because I know how long it should take and the only times it has taken longer is because they found something of concern. I was sitting just outside the main patient waiting room (the waiting room was too noisy) and they came to find me. Dh had insisted I wouldn't have left and my buzzer must not have worked so they came to find me. It was quite nice not having to get buzzer 1 that summons me back to the Dr. then wait 20-40 more minutes for buzzer number 2 to tell me he is dressed and ready. They got me and he was all ready to go!

JustMe is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I am planning on bringing her, being there, and driving her home...I am taking the whole day off the day she has the procedure...just wanted to know about the prep part. thanks!
    lucky single mom to 20 yr old dd and 17 yr old ds through 2 very different adoption routes

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2