WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Default Drury Plaza at Disney Springs anyone?

We stayed at a Drury Inn in Richmond on a college tour, and the dinner, drinks + breakfast won me over! I decided it was my new favorite hotel and worth looking into every chance that arises.

We've always been on-site people, but I'm just wondering what it's like to stay there at Disney.
    Last edited by WatchingThemGrow; 10-01-2023 at 08:01 AM.

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I’ve heard good things. Question- will you be around to take advantage of the food, if that’s your big draw? We don’t waste time on breakfast (granola bars and then an early lunch or grab something in the parks) and then we might take a midday hotel break but wouldn’t be around during the Kickback time.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    I’ve heard good things. Question- will you be around to take advantage of the food, if that’s your big draw? We don’t waste time on breakfast (granola bars and then an early lunch or grab something in the parks) and then we might take a midday hotel break but wouldn’t be around during the Kickback time.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains
    Oh, actually, we aren't sure we'll be going to the parks...maybe one of the days we will, but we're likely going to be playing golf and footgolf. With the Youth On Course app, our kids played at Disney's Oak Trail golf course for $5 each. Club rentals (TaylorMade Stealth clubs!) were $11 each. They had so much fun and wanted to come back when it didn't feel like we were on the face of the sun this summer.

We have a 1-day park ticket left on our 10 day no expiration passes and 1 day of water parks on our magic bands. We need to use them before DD goes away to college!

I am putting way too much hope into the food part. So tasty.

No experience with locations in Florida. I find they work best for the right kind of trip. If you want to be out experiencing different places and gone all day, the times of the meals (especially evening offerings) are limited. It would not be worth coming back to hotel and then having to leave again if this was any kind of distance and you were only doing the food.

I have had a few great Drury stays. One favorite was a trip with extended family. We had five hotel rooms. We were all in a new city to do some sight seeing, but just spending time together was part of the goal. Having the common area where we hung out together with our cocktails and the kids played board games and we could all be together not in a loud restaurant or crammed in a hotel room were great. Another time I was solo with my younger two for a week in a new to us city while my oldest did a camp. We treated it like a staycation but stayed at the Drury.

Oh that sounds like a great way to do an extended family trip!