Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I really got off easy! I'd definitely be banging my head off a wall in a lot of these families. Hugs to you all!

gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    I really got off easy! I'd definitely be banging my head off a wall in a lot of these families. Hugs to you all!
    Yeah, no kidding! I was just thinking the same thing. Although it's nice reading these and not having anything to bitch about for a change.

My ILs took their drama with them back to Texas back in October and most of my family hunts over Thanksgiving so it was just our immediate family this year for Thanksgiving. Which was PEACEFUL. However, we think the ILs have been stabbing us in the back to DH's siblings in Texas because none of them will return our calls or text messages and we don't know why. Typical.
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

Percycat is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by gatorsmom View Post
    Yeah, no kidding! I was just thinking the same thing. Although it's nice reading these and not having anything to bitch about for a change.
    Me too. Thanks for helping me put things in perspective. I have complaints, but they would sound so trivial. I'm sorry some of you are going through this crap this year. I hope Christmas is more joyfilled.

mom2binsd is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

My in laws are great. I got super lucky. But, my BIL? While a lovely human in many ways is so, so lazy! He never lifts a finger to help cook, clean, set up or clean up. Dh’s parents host a lot (aka things are at their house) and dh and I do the bulk of the work now that they are getting older. There is no reason for a grown man not to get up and help too. End complaint. Feel free and add yours!

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains
    MY BIL is 62, lives at home, has never left home, has a college degree, retired from a corporate job, has never married, never paid rent, never paid for utilities, mom does his laundry, and yet he complains that he is always stressed! He's pleasant and we get along, but he rarely comes to the kids stuff, and is more interested in watching TV, going out to eat. How my Inlaws produced two such lazy, crazy sons is beyond me (I'm divorced), my inlaws are hardworking, don't drink, smoke, are generous with their time with my kids, friendly, live simple lives, and the two sons are idiots basically.

AnnieW625 is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default Family and the holidays. Add your b*tch

Yes I am thinking the same thing. I hosted thanksgiving (there were 12 of us) for the first time and I cooked a turkey and my oven (which I kind of hate) didn’t overcook my turkey. I went to my 2nd cousin’s (my first cousin’s kid) first birthday party on Friday which was great.

We are having early Christmas with my parents and Grandma this weekend and I am looking forward to it.

No idea what we are doing for Christmas. I may offer to host again because DH’s grandma will be 103 and we live close to her so it is easy for DH’s uncle to bring her over vs. having to drive her to his house which is over an hour away. I don’t think she has much time left though as she is just getting old; mentally all there though. It could be a tough Christmas though.

My in laws decided to spend the winter in middle of nowhere Wyoming this year so we won’t be seeing them until DD1’s high school graduation in May unless something happens with DH’s grandma (and then I seriously hope it doesn’t happen in the middle of a snowstorm and when they can’t get out).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

bisous is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I had a great time with DH's extended family, surprisingly, 27 people in all. We stayed in one large house with only 4 bathrooms! 10 adults and 17 kids. We ate the whole turkey. In fact, BIL bought another cooked one for the next day's leftovers. My ONLY complaint is that I am apparently the only person who struggles staying up until midnight every night. I am EXHAUSTED after hanging out with them for a week. While in prior years, that would be a happy side effect of a good trip, I'm just too old now and behind on everything from my job, to my workout schedule due to exhaustion, lol. I think perimenopause is the real villain here!

gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by mom2binsd View Post
    MY BIL is 62, lives at home, has never left home, has a college degree, retired from a corporate job, has never married, never paid rent, never paid for utilities, mom does his laundry, and yet he complains that he is always stressed! He's pleasant and we get along, but he rarely comes to the kids stuff, and is more interested in watching TV, going out to eat. How my Inlaws produced two such lazy, crazy sons is beyond me (I'm divorced), my inlaws are hardworking, don't drink, smoke, are generous with their time with my kids, friendly, live simple lives, and the two sons are idiots basically.
    I have nightmares that my kids will end up like this. And at 42 years old, I'll still be making them plates of chicken nuggets while they play video games in their underwear in the basement. shudder.
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

AnnieW625 is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by bisous View Post
    ……. I am EXHAUSTED ……I'm just too old now and behind on everything from my job, to my workout schedule due to exhaustion, lol. I think perimenopause is the real villain here!
    Yes! My period started today and I was never so happy to see it. Before this one my last one started on 10/21 and ended on the 10/25 or 10/26. I should’ve had it a week ago. This week I have just been crazy tired, not motivated to do much at all but now I am feeling better and got my holiday cards done; just need to go grab some stamps and put them in the mail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

I have nightmares that my kids will end up like this. And at 42 years old, I'll still be making them plates of chicken nuggets while they play video games in their underwear in the basement. shudder.
    That’s DH’s biggest fear with DS1. There’s a family down the street whose adult kid (probably late 20s) still lives in the basement. We see him sitting in his car smoking and randomly driving around the neighborhood for a “break.”
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

hbridge is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I actually see the beginnings of this with a few of DC's friends. We have a few family members who are well into their 50's and never left their parent's home. I always wondered how that could happen, now I am watching the beginning of it, it's heartbreaking. Even DC can see the signs.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast