Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

I wonder if your son has heard others make comments that were negative in words or tone. He might not want to go into detail, or name names.

gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Peaches Keane View Post
    I wonder if your son has heard others make comments that were negative in words or tone. He might not want to go into detail, or name names.
    Thats a great question. I’ll ask him. If there is some gossip, ds2 would definitely love to dish it. He's the most brutally honest kid I know. Especially now while he’s in his “torching the nest” phase.
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

That’s what I was wondering about back in post 9. Ds2 might be noticing how others are perceiving your family.
    By your accounts, you’ve been very generous in your school and community especially with hosting lots of regular gatherings (like the pool parties but other things mentioned over the years too). Maybe some families have made some comments and ds2 heard them. Obviously there’s nothing wrong with being generous either your house and time. I hope it doesn’t come across that way.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

I think it is a fine line to walk when people send out cards. How to update people without crossing the bragging line. I enjoy seeing photos and knowing kids ages with a brief update on what they are up to. I have one set of friends who make their own cards and always create a clever story which is usually self deprecating. That is our favorite card of the year but my friend is an artist so it is just a notch above everyone else's with their creativity. It sounds like you had a lot to cover this year so I don't have a big problem with you creating a larger than normal card. It is good to have self awareness though. It is interesting to see your kids comments. Your daughter saying that everyone "knows we have money" hopefully this is from your generosity not due to other perceptions. I don't think I would think twice about your card. Those who think you are over the top may have a laugh over it like the previous poster who remembered the letter about Living the Dream but no one's going to put oo much thought into it. In general from your posts over the years, it sounds like you are pretty self aware regarding your wealth. I live in an area where many are wealthy. Many try to do good but they sometimes just have no awareness about how privileged they are. At the dog park the other day a mom was talking about her kids travels all over Europe and the family meeting up there, daughters staying in very nice places etc. Seemingly the kids do whatever they want regardless of the cost. It was just a turn off for me to listen to. I want my kids to appreciate how comfortable we are and how they don't need the new luxury car when they get their license, etc. Sorry to side track but it was just something that bothered me the other day. This person is a nice person but just did not realize how privileged she came across.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5