Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    essnce629 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I'm all about the easiest which would be ordering online. I have a Sephora walking distance to my house but it's in the mall and an Ulta walking distance to my house, not in a mall. Easiest would be ordering online, 2nd easiest would be going to Ulta (which I've done absolutely once)! I'm all about saving time and effort and feeling zero guilt about it!
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

I would be buying what I wanted in the most convenient manner for me at the time. It would probably be online with the coupon. I understand your thought process but I think youd still be supporting their policy.

PZMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I much prefer Ulta to Sephora, so that would be my vote. Ulta has a much better reward program and usually offers better coupons, even ones that can be used on prestige brands. I also find their staff to be friendlier and more helpful than Sephora. Ulta also has an extremely generous return policy.

bcafe is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Ulta has always given me the little "pots" for samples. I would go in and ask!

Are you talking pre-pared samples or them creating a sample size for you specifically? If it is the prepaid samples those are marketing tools for the brand to get you to consider that product. I would feel no loyalty in that case and just buy the product where it is cheapest and most convenient. If it is something that they created for you then great to buy the full product from Sephora which ever location or online. Sephora is corporate based and owns each store. They are owned by LVMH Mot Hennessy Louis Vuitton

bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Thank you so much for the info about samples! I'm definitely talking about specific samples in specific colors. At Sephora they'll open up the product and give you a little "pot" as someone called it. I'm actually a minimalist when it comes to products so this is ideal for me. I can often use a "pot" for a week straight and that gives me the best info on whether or not the product will break me out. There was a Nars foundation a few years ago that I LOVED but discovered that it caused breakouts so I never purchased it. Recently with sunscreen I gave three separate products a week each to discover which one I loved the most (and all three were actually excellent! Goop Glowscreen, Goop Unseen Sunscreen, and a Paula's Choice 30 SPF I would seriously consider purchasing any of the three!) Because I do use them heavily (and they are free!) I do feel a sense of loyalty.

I ended up using the Sephora coupon online. It turns out it was a Kohl's Sephora coupon. I pretty much never shop at Kohl's so that was kind of interesting? Hopefully it is still helpful to the company.

I do like Ulta. The location could not be more convenient for me and the staff has been really nice. I go there to buy stuff I don't need to try out. But for pricy skincare I go to Sephora! I use "free products" for up to a month, then buy the one that really works for my skin. I'd say I've saved hundreds of dollars this way!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2