Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    Kindra178 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by mom2binsd View Post
    So I had the second shingles shot, same as the first shot, literally nothing to note. I asked my pharmacist why so many people say the 2nd is worse. He said no idea, it's the exact same formulation as the first, no difference. I also have had no reaction to any of the covid vaccines or my annual flu vaccine.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
    Second shot reactions are common because body recognizes the invader and mounts a defense.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

squimp is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by doberbrat View Post
    How common is shingles? I dont know anyone IRL who has had it. I've had cp 2x and both my kids have had it so I'm guessing I have decent immunity. My dr hasnt said a word about it ... though to be fair he's too busy hounding me to get a colonoscopy...
    I have known several people who have had it and said it was miserable with long lasting pain and effects.

mom2binsd is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I know of quite a few people, a close friend had it in her eyes, hasn't been able to wear her contacts for a year. Very very painful. Have also known quite a few others who have had shingles and remember when David Letterman had it he was out for ages. Also have heard of the long lasting effects. I don't think exposure to chicken pox is super related to immunity, and it's an easy vax to get and one I'd prioritize and just go to any pharmacy to get it, no doctors orders.

robinsmommy is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

The people I know who have had it were so horribly miserable that they strongly urged their friend groups to get the vaccine. Including one person who was under 50 and got it unusually early- it was so painful she really thought she had cracked her hip. It took her a long time to get diagnosed.

And same as chicken pox, if you have blisters that arenít crusted, you are contagious.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5