Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by JustMe View Post
    This is sooo interesting! Do you know for a fact that the school got the FAFSA? I know some schools are doing those estimation amounts or are you saying this school does not even give out acceptances until they have FAFSA. On the edge of my seat here, as ds' FAFSA was completed/we were given an SAI in early Jan (and I am sure it is correct b/c we qualify for Pell grant and understand the formula that confirms that). Just got an offer from one school to fill out one of those estimates for financial aid and not sure if it even makes sense for us to do it...it requires assets, etc and that is not required of us on FAFSA due to eligibility to have that waived.
    I asked the mom because I thought it was the scholarship connected to the partnership with her high school but it turns out it was a merit offer.

Someone on College Confidential said that all of the FAFSA forms are in that kind of limbo and won’t actually be submitted until mid to late March. No clue how true that is or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

essnce629 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieW625 View Post
    Someone on College Confidential said that all of the FAFSA forms are in that kind of limbo and won’t actually be submitted until mid to late March. No clue how true that is or not.
    It's true
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

JustMe is online now Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I asked the mom because I thought it was the scholarship connected to the partnership with her high school but it turns out it was a merit offer.

Thanks, that makes sense. I had thought schools would not get FAFSA until mid to late March.
    lucky single mom to 20 yr old dd and 17 yr old ds through 2 very different adoption routes

KrisM is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

Definitely true. There were stories about it last month. They were supposed to be done in late January but had to update numbers so pushed it back until March.

DD has gotten a lot of merit scholarships but those aren't based on financial need. One school asked for the estimated SAI to give an estimate of grants but no one else has asked.

It's a big waiting game.

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk
    Kris

KpbS is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Finally bit the bullet and filled it out today. Helped DS fill out his portion. It was confusing because it WOULD NOT LET HIM SIGN. But after clicking through some of the parent portion it allowed him to? So weird. I got the invite, completed my part, and asked for IRS info linking. Who knows??? Time will tell. His school doesn't have a fafsa deadline for returning students so hopefully it will all get ironed out before July.
    K

heatherlynn is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I'm still confused about all this. My account says "in review" and my son's name but I don't see the report anywhere. Would it be on my son's account? Should I log in with his login info and password? I've done this before so I can't understand why I'm having such a hard time this year!
    H-
    DD 1998
    DS 2004
    DD 2005

dogmom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by heatherlynn View Post
    I'm still confused about all this. My account says "in review" and my son's name but I don't see the report anywhere. Would it be on my son's account? Should I log in with his login info and password? I've done this before so I can't understand why I'm having such a hard time this year!
    In review means it has not been sent to the schools, but I don’t think anyone has had their’s sent to my understanding. I was talking to someone that works in high school administration and she said the issue is there is a band of people that the software is incorrectly not giving them enough aid, so that needs to be addressed? I know if you go to the site there are a list of common problems people run into with some work around listed now. Wasn’t the case in January.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5