Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    citymama is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

FYI I can’t recommend enough an app called Splitwise that my cousins and I recently used on a girls trip to Italy. You can split different things different ways, each enter costs you covered and then “settle up” at the end where it gives you the sum of who owes who how much. Allows for transparency so you can track as you go, ideally enter costs right away so there are no surprises later.

for Sandy Hook

Liziz is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by citymama View Post
    FYI I can’t recommend enough an app called Splitwise that my cousins and I recently used on a girls trip to Italy. You can split different things different ways, each enter costs you covered and then “settle up” at the end where it gives you the sum of who owes who how much. Allows for transparency so you can track as you go, ideally enter costs right away so there are no surprises later.
    Yes, we've used this too and it works really well!
    Lizi

PZMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I've used this at work, when as a grade level we had to purchase various items for an event, and it made it so much easier to figure out who owed who what.

NCGrandma is online now Emerald level (3000+ posts)

For those who use Splitwise, do you use the free or paid version? I looked at the reviews on the App Store and learned that there were new restrictions on data entered per day with the latest version that required a monthly or annual subscription to avoid, but I couldn’t find out how much the subscription was.

Sent from my iPad using Baby Bargains

dogmom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

On girls trips we could designate “Kitty” who kept track of expenses, first on paper the memo section on phone. Add everything up at end (taxi, tips, meals, room) and divide up. Kitty would issue the bill at the end and who owes what to whom. It always worked out. I like this method because it’s a self reporting thing. So if you have an individual that doesn’t like to spend as much money, but you really want to go to X restaurant, you make sure you are the one to pay. The. I would not include the tip in my total or something. I felt it was a treat to myself and everyone else on the trip. But in general I prefer traveling with people who don’t count every penny on the trip, but also acknowledge we all go through phases where some of us feel more flush than others.

citymama is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by NCGrandma View Post
    For those who use Splitwise, do you use the free or paid version? I looked at the reviews on the App Store and learned that there were new restrictions on data entered per day with the latest version that required a monthly or annual subscription to avoid, but I couldn’t find out how much the subscription was.

Sent from my iPad using Baby Bargains
    We used the free one and it worked fine

for Sandy Hook

Globetrotter is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

bump- update in OP
    "Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, "What? You, too? I thought I was the only one." C.S. Lewis

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2